Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Jefferson County High School is a public school located in Fayette, MS. It has 332 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 8% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-110 Students
- B+69 Students
- A-58 Students
- A-43 Students
- B-34 Students
- C+30 Students
- B28 Students
- A-26 Students
- B+20 Students
- C-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Jefferson County High School Reviews
I have been the in Jefferson County School District for almost all of my life. School used to be better than what it is now. Teachers were in every testing subject area, there was better student behavior, and learning was actually taken place. Now, there are barley any teachers, students' behavior are worse, I really do not know anything. Being a senior and soon transferring to college, the college preparation is very poor.
I have attended the Jefferson County School District my entire life. While it may not be the worst school in Mississippi, it could certainly be a lot better. It has failed to prepare me for the real world and many of the teachers (while there are some who genuinely show great care for students) do not care for the wellbeing of the students.
My time at Jefferson County High School was an overall roller coaster ride. There have been some ups and some downs. But this school here has been overall okay. At school there have been shortages of teachers there but they are trying the best for us.