Jefferson County High School is a public school located in Fayette, MS. It has 382 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Jefferson County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-76 Students
- A43 Students
- A-41 Students
- A-30 Students
- B-21 Students
- B-20 Students
- B+19 Students
- B-17 Students
- A12 Students
- A-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Jefferson County High School Reviews
I have recently graduated and though Jefferson High is a small school with very few resources, the instructors continues to encourage the students to become extraordinary young men and women. That way, one day the students may be able to come back to his or her community and give back.
The Jefferson County High School genuinely is a school of family. If you, as a student, attend school here, obey the teachers, and complete assignments effectively and on time, you have nothing to worry about. I would say that its is very traditional and executes procedures strictly by the book. Overall, my experience at the Jefferson County High School was unforgettable.
Jefferson County In Mississippi is a great school to me. It's not that much there but it's still great. The athletes do there work and make good grades. The principle is very encouraging. The teachers will help you if needed. Mostly everyone gets Alone with one another. I would like them to get more technology