Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Jefferson County High School is an above average, public school located in Dandridge, TN. It has 2,084 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
Jefferson County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-527 Students
- C+405 Students
- B399 Students
- B-306 Students
- B-178 Students
- A+164 Students
- B105 Students
- B86 Students
- B78 Students
- B74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.75 responses
Schools like Jefferson County High School
- CCocke County High School
- Cocke County School District, TN
- 108 reviews
- BSevier County High School
- Sevier County School District, TN
- 208 reviews
- C+Carter High School
- Knox County Schools, TN
- 81 reviews
- BMorristown East High School
- Hamblen County School District, TN
- 159 reviews
Jefferson County High School Reviews
I have now went to the school for about four years and over all it’s a great school! But every school has it’s downfalls. It seems like everyday either the hot water or the heat is broken, and yeah I understand a school is a lot of work to manage but so is having a thousand freezing cold students! Not only that but the discipline system that they have going on isn’t always the best.
Jefferson County High School is such a good school overall, the students are diverse there's so many clubs to chose from, and the classes we can take are so many. There is so many beautiful faces and ethnicities with a plethora of personalities. Not only that, but the schools clubs are involved with the community, even other countries! As well as many assorted ones to chose from. I am so excited about all the honor and A.P classes the next generation can take and get involved in. With everything going on in the world, I am proud to say our school is cutting down on bullying and harassment so well. Our principals and vice principals and teachers are involved and prepared for whats coming next.
Jefferson County High school is an amazing school to attend! They have such a compassionate staff and they really focus on helping students succeed. Everyone you meet is kind and always open to helping others!