Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Jefferson City High School is an above average, public school located in Jefferson City, MO. It has 2,525 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Jefferson City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus323 Students
- grade B168 Students
- grade B minus134 Students
- grade C minus104 Students
- grade A minus103 Students
- grade B+101 Students
- grade A98 Students
- grade B+93 Students
- grade A+84 Students
- grade C+69 Students
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responses
- Sporting events34%
- Homecoming, lots of school pride.18%
- Orchestra Concerts14%
- Capitol Caroling11%
- Marching band competition5%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,317 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 43 responses
Schools like Jefferson City High School
- grade BSouthern Boone High School
- Southern Boone County R-I School District, MO
- Rating 4.09 out of 5 46 reviews
- grade BFatima High School
- Osage County R-III School District, MO
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 97 reviews
- grade unavailableH. Kenneth Kirchner School
- Public School
- Jefferson City, MO
- grade B+Blair Oaks High School
- Blair Oaks R-II School District, MO
- Rating 3.74 out of 5 50 reviews
Jefferson City High School Reviews
Rating 3.55 out of 5 286 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Jefferson City High School has been a great school to go to for my four years of high school. The student council has been great, the student body has been fantastic, and the staff is always there and trying to make the school a better place. There are many clubs that are available and many activities including marching band, dance/cheer, tennis, etc. There is always a place where you can get involved!
I went to Jefferson City High School all four years of my high school experience. How our school has dealt with the pandemic seems to be the worst. Many students were allowed in the school after being reported for having the virus. It made me feel very unsafe. Jefferson City High School does not seem to care for their students, but they seem to care for their school budget. We are one of the only schools still in person around our district. Minorities are only cared for if they seem to be a benefit (students of color were asked to speak about their struggles to make the school seem more diverse and "accepting,". As it is great to spread awareness of the struggles of POC students, the school board did not do this for the student's well-being. It was simply for publicity to make themselves look better. Our school specifically banned durags for black students, as white students wore these as a test, and were not criticized. This is one of many stories of the inequalities of JCHS.
Teachers here are very concerned with your education. Throughout my years, I was able to learn fairly quickly and understand all my concepts very well. There aren't many downsides to our school. The only one is that our food is not the best and during our school year we had to deal with construction. Other than that Jefferson City High School is a pretty good school!