Jefferson City High School is an above average, public school located in Jefferson City, MO. It has 2,469 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Jefferson City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-267 Students
- B139 Students
- B116 Students
- C95 Students
- B+92 Students
- A87 Students
- A-84 Students
- B+80 Students
- A+73 Students
- C+68 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
Schools like Jefferson City High School
- BSouthern Boone High School
- Southern Boone County R-I School District, MO
- 45 reviews
- B-Fatima High School
- Osage County R-III School District, MO
- 92 reviews
- NGH. Kenneth Kirchner School
- Public School
- Jefferson City, MO
- B+Blair Oaks High School
- Blair Oaks R-II School District, MO
- 43 reviews
Jefferson City High School Reviews
Teachers here are very concerned with your education. Throughout my years, I was able to learn fairly quickly and understand all my concepts very well. There aren't many downsides to our school. The only one is that our food is not the best and during our school year we had to deal with construction. Other than that Jefferson City High School is a pretty good school!
In the 2 years that I've been enrolled in Jefferson City High School, I have seen many opportunities for students like myself and incoming students. This school offers many resources, programs, guidance for students who are in need (financially), disabled, in the minority, LBGTQ, pregnant, academically poor, and many more! Teachers and staff show that they really care about our future. Although some sports may lack achievements, they really work hard in what they do. I really like this school and I would definitely recommend this school for elementary school and middle school students.
During my high school experience, Jefferson City High School has been under construction for the majority of the time. It has been a distraction for many of the students, but it has also been something the student body can bond over. Our town has recently added a new high school, which has caused our school to gain a new class. Freshman are a new grade at JCHS and it has been an adjustment for everyone. Despite these challenges, my school is like one big family.