Jefferson Area Senior High School is a public school located in Jefferson, OH. It has 512 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Jefferson Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B57 Students
- A+57 Students
- B50 Students
- C+43 Students
- A-43 Students
- B-30 Students
- B-28 Students
- B22 Students
- C+19 Students
- B-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Jefferson Area Senior High School
- CMadison High School
- Madison Local School District (Madison), OH
- 98 reviews
- C+Pymatuning Valley High School
- Pymatuning Valley Local School District, OH
- 56 reviews
- CGrand Valley High School
- Grand Valley Local School District, OH
- 83 reviews
- B-Geneva High School
- Geneva Area City School District, OH
- 76 reviews
Jefferson Area Senior High School Reviews
The current principal is the best! While there are not many AP courses offered at this school, the principal will always do anything to help with accommodations. The students are slightly rebellious, but overall are smart hardworking students. The teachers work with everything they've been given and work very hard to give the students every piece of knowledge they can.
My experience at this high school has been very positive and has provided me with many tools to be college ready. This school is a very friendly school with hardly any bullying activity. The school provides many programs/clubs that the students can be active in, such as choir, band, theater, athletics, National honor society, digital imaging, foreign language, etc. Overall this high school is very safe because the school works closely with the local police to promote a safe environment at school.
I have enjoyed my years in the Jefferson schools. I have been involved in band, soccer, model UN, along with other clubs and sports. The teachers are helpful and I have made great friends with my peers. We have a new building and sport complex that are great!