Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Jefferson Area Senior High School is a public school located in Jefferson, OH. It has 462 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Jefferson Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B75 Students
- A+75 Students
- B70 Students
- A-59 Students
- C54 Students
- B51 Students
- B-44 Students
- B28 Students
- A25 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Jefferson Area Senior High School
- C+Madison High School
- Madison Local School District (Madison), OH
- 111 reviews
- C+Pymatuning Valley High School
- Pymatuning Valley Local School District, OH
- 61 reviews
- CGrand Valley High School
- Grand Valley Local School District, OH
- 85 reviews
- B-Geneva High School
- Geneva Area City School District, OH
- 83 reviews
Jefferson Area Senior High School Reviews
The current principal is the best! While there are not many AP courses offered at this school, the principal will always do anything to help with accommodations. The students are slightly rebellious, but overall are smart hardworking students. The teachers work with everything they've been given and work very hard to give the students every piece of knowledge they can.
I have had fantastic teachers, since kindergarten at this school. It continues to amaze me how much the staff cares for the students. I have loved every experience, and how much the different classes provide the students a bright future.
I liked Jefferson, but I chose to go to the career technical school, rather than stay at Jefferson for the last 2 years of high school. Although I missed Jefferson, I took classes in the dental, pharmacy and medical lab and got a lot of background that prepared me better for my future.