Jeffers High School is an above average, public, alternative school located in Painesdale, MI. It has 218 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Jeffers High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A31 Students
- B-27 Students
- B-21 Students
- C17 Students
- A10 Students
- A+10 Students
- B8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B6 Students
- B+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Jeffers High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Jeffers High School
- B-Lake Linden-Hubbell High School
- Lake Linden-Hubbell School District, MI
- 20 reviews
- B-Dollar Bay High School
- Dollar Bay-Tamarack City Area Schools, MI
- 25 reviews
- NGCopper Country Learning Center
- Copper Country Intermediate School District, MI
- PK, K-12
- AHoughton Central High School
- Houghton-Portage Township School District, MI
- 49 reviews
Jeffers High School Reviews
I transferred to Jeffers High School at the end of eighth grade. I went to a school that was quite bigger than Jeffers. When I transferred to here it was quite a change. It was a good change though! The class sizes are much smaller at Jeffers. For example, I am in a graduating class of 31 students. I think the size of the school is what makes it so great. Pretty much everybody in the school knows each other. I feel like Jeffers has helped shape me into the person I am today. Because of the size, the teachers get to know the students a lot more than they would in a bigger school. I have gotten so much advice and help with what I am going to do after I graduate. I have found life-long friends here. Jeffers is not only a school, but a second home to the students. You are always welcome back if you need help.
My experience at Jeffers High School was amazing. The teachers and ancillary staff took time to know each student. The level of attention received by the staff helped prepare me for college and then commission in the US Air Force. There are numerous clubs and activities for students to be involved in. With the worry of school safety in today's society, Jeffers High never felt unsafe in any way.
All of our teachers are committed to making sure you understand the material, their teaching styles are very above average.