Jeff Davis High School is an above average, public school located in Hazlehurst, GA. It has 867 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Jeff Davis High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+55 Students
- B+50 Students
- B-40 Students
- NG33 Students
- A-24 Students
- A+23 Students
- B+22 Students
- B17 Students
- B-16 Students
- B14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Jeff Davis High School Reviews
Jeff Davis High School can be very good, or very bad, just based on what classes you get. Some teachers and staff members seem biased, as some rules apply more to some students than others. Though, if you take your classes seriously, and pick them wisely, you have a good potential of getting into a college.
My experience in Jeff Davis was good. Everyone there as a close connection the teachers and administrators really care about how you’re doing and want you to achieve and have high standards for yourself. I also really like the sports. Jeff Davis sports and clubs are really big deal, the coaches push you so that you become better. Our club and sports teams go out and travel to different counties to compete.
Jeff Davis High School is a small but great school. The school has great teachers who love to teach and help students succeed! The lunches are not bad and parking is great as well. They offer bus transportation for students to and from school. Great school for your kids to learn and grow!