Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Jeannette Senior High School is a public school located in Jeannette, PA. It has 452 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Jeannette Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus34 Students
- grade A30 Students
- grade B minus26 Students
- grade C25 Students
- grade B20 Students
- grade B minus18 Students
- grade B minus17 Students
- grade A minus14 Students
- grade A+13 Students
- grade B+13 Students
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responses
- Football games60%
- Any sporting event we have is always exciting40%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,357 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Jeannette Senior High School
- grade C minusSouth Allegheny Middle/High School
- South Allegheny School District, PA
- Rating 3.11 out of 5 85 reviews
- grade B minusSouthmoreland Senior High School
- Southmoreland School District, PA
- Rating 3.43 out of 5 175 reviews
- grade BGreensburg-Salem High School
- Greensburg Salem School District, PA
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 208 reviews
- grade B minusMcKeesport Area Senior High School
- McKeesport Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 138 reviews
Jeannette Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.05 out of 5 62 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Overall, I feel that my experience at JSHS was fairly memorable. I can't say that every memory was pleasant, however, the people, the teachers, and the overall environment were what helped to shape me into the person I am today. I think that I was able to grow from my high school experience irrelevant of where it took place, however, I feel that there are many aspects that can be improved upon in order to better the education of future students.
I liked how nice the teachers are and how concerned they are that you stay on your game. They have plenty things that reward kids that are doing well such as the choose kind events, battle of the classes, and/or the turkey challenge.
The Jeannette School District is extremely small. When I graduated in 2013 I was one of 76 students graduating. We often had old textbooks in many of our classes. It was not the worst school to go to despite what many people would say. When I was in high school I believe that the teachers actually tried to give me the most they possibly could. The teachers still have influence on me today as I try to replicated them by become a teacher myself. While they are small, they make do with what they have and provide as much of an education as their limitations allow.