Jayhawk-Linn High School is a public school located in Mound City, KS. It has 246 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+62 Students
- A48 Students
- A39 Students
- C+35 Students
- B+22 Students
- B21 Students
- B20 Students
- B+20 Students
- C16 Students
- B-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Jayhawk-Linn High School Reviews
Jayhawk-Linn High School is located in rural southeast Kansas. The teachers vary in ability and drive However, I am pleased to say that most teachers care for their students and are eager to teach and make a positive impact in their classes!
The school over all is average. The food is terrible. The teachers are really great and friendly, want to help, but students hardly learn anything. Many of the kids just screw around on their IPads all day. There is absolutely no college readiness. The staff is super nice, the activities are fun. Over-all, it's a pleasant environment but no learning is accomplished.
Teachers at our school overall are pretty average. Some do as much as they can to ensure that their students are learning and excelling in the course, while others could care less allowing the students to do the bare minimum and scrape by just enough to maybe pass the class. There is also a sense of unfairness in the classrooms with some teachers, with some if the teacher does not think very highly of you then you will definitely struggle in the classroom, but if they do like you then you will likely do very well.