Jay High School Reviews

I liked how the teacher's really try to push you into being successful. The kids I don't really enjoy because they are always causing issues with me that get me in a really down mood. But over all with the staff and the administrators really impacted my high school career for the better.
my high school was great overall because I made it good. There's a lot of thing I would change in my school. There really isn't a lot of socialism over here honestly and that kind of a sucks , especially for me since i'm a big outgoing person myself .
A lot is said about how bad it is but this school produces college ready students that have college paid for and for big and well known people from the academic field.
Start Your Review of Jay High School
My experience at Jay is overall a good view. Teachers are nice and cool at times but do need to be monitored at times. I wish the students were more excited with school spirit.
Jay has been great. If you’re part of the Science and Engineering Academy magnet school there, you’re required to do academic research and must present your research to judges. This prepares you to not only do research and study topics you’re interested in, but also present your ideas to others in a well thought out way. In addition, there is a room called “Maker Space”, where students are given access to be creative and involved in the STEM world at anytime, giving student access to 3D print and use computer programs like Inventor. The school is very focused on STEM and really gives students opportunities to be leaders in their communities (for example, we do STEM Fest, a huge festival for STEM which is completely student led). However, Jay has a 100% retake policy and a policy which allows you to turn all assignments in late without consequence. I feel this late policy creates a lazy attitude.
Overall a good schol really good teachers their is however a lot a fights and the occasional drugs without much involvement from administrators
I go to the Science and Engineering Academy located on the Jay campus. The resources available are fantastic as all the teachers are willing to help you succeed. The policies for late work are also very forgiving, providing a safety net for students that may be struggling. The best part by far is the student body. All types of people attend the school, and most are very driven. Everyone is baseline polite, and manners are present throughout the campus. Any student who wants to make a difference can, resulting in several different clubs that include all students interested. The administration is the only downside, as their capabilities stop them from making the school 100% safe for everyone. But despite that you will be surrounded by excellent teachers and peers that are always willing to help you out.
Faculty and staff where always friendly and cared about our education. The school is located in a decent area of town which borders lower income areas, student graduation and pregnancy rates are questionable at times. It is home to the Science and Engineering Academy which is an excellent and well known program, majority of students in this program have made their way to prestigious universities.
What I like about the school is some teachers can help and teach you nor then you know. And I like it because someone the staff can put apositive impact on a person's life.
I love John Jay High School, it has very good academics and extracurricular activities. This school treats me very well, to be honest I like this home than my actual home.
I would like so see more administrative staff support through the education at my school. The learning experience is great, however some of the teachers need to learn when to move on to the next subject, that way everybody understands the subject before moving on to the next.
At Jay I am in the Magnet school which in Science and Engineering Acdemy. The reson I love it is the expirence I get I true feel like it is preparing me for college. With STEM out reach programs I can work and excersize my lerdership skills.
Compared to other NISD schools, Jay High School has probably one of the worst reputations. Rumors concerning teen pregnancy, gang violence, and metal detectors run wild around the other schools. How Jay is just a dump for the ghetto kids in the area. Despite some of these things may be very true, I am proud to be a mustang! I follow a very simple philosophy in life: "never judge a book by it's cover." I've applied it to many situations including to go to both my middle school, Ross Middle School, and Jay. And thus far, it has paid off well. I probably would't not have submitted this very application if I hadn't gone to school where I went. I never have nor will regret going to Jay because I found 2 homes there, Math and Theatre. These two organizations have made Jay worthwhile and it is because of Jay that I look forward towards the future.
At John Jay, I like how the teachers were involved and making sure students focus. The teachers help us stay in top of our work. They always make we pass. The coaches are very friendly. They push in not only sports related activities but also in our personal life and academics.
My time at Jay HS has been nothing more then bitter sweet. I have been able to make wonderful friends and show my vocal talent with love and support from my family, friends, and teaching staff. What I like best about Jay is the teaching staff. Most of them are Jay Alumni and show us the meaning of "We bleed blue" (our school color). I would like to see change with the school more administration being more strict with the students. I know there is a lot of students and only a small amount of them, but I hear stories from my family (also ALL Jay Alumni) and I feel this is something that can be accomplished.
Jay High School is such an amazing school to go to. The teachers are ready for whenever you need them and just the atmosphere you get when you walk into this school is just positive.
Its a decent school to get a basic high school education. Most teachers actually want to help you out. Its just the student environment that makes the school unappealing. It just doesn't help when some students don't care about their education or have respect for others. In other words, its an okay school.
Start Your Review of Jay High School
My experience at John Jay has been a memorable one. The campus here at Jay is small compared to other campuses but that actually adds to the reasons of why I would prefer this school to others. The small campus allows for there to always be help when needed, whether that be from administration, teachers, councilors ect. My time at Jay is one that I hope I will remember forever.
Made alot friends but also got along with my teachers and shape me up from being the quite guy in middle to being getting along everyone of my classmates, yeah there thing people say about my school but like people say never judge a book from its covers thats all i got say in a short way.
My experience here at jay high school has been a life changing experience. This school has shown me what I want to persue as a career.