Jay High School is a public school located in Jay, OK. It has 439 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Jay High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B42 Students
- A39 Students
- C+35 Students
- A34 Students
- A31 Students
- C+29 Students
- B20 Students
- C+13 Students
- B+12 Students
- C8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Jay High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Jay High School Reviews
If you're looking for an average school with a welcoming atmosphere, Jay High School is perfect. There aren't many clubs or activities, but whatever you choose, they will take you in like family and help you to grow. If you take school seriously and take every opportunity you're presented, you can grow here and find yourself.
I enjoyed attending Jay High School, my only wish would be that we had more resources and funding available for our district so that we as students could compete on a national level. Jay is very poor economically and is not able to provide the funding necessary to sustain quality teachers and academics.
I like Jay High School because everyone is supportive of each other. I live in a small town so parents are always apart of school activities especially sports. It's nice being apart of such a supportive community with people cheering you on. Although High School has it's downsides and everyone isn't nice all the time, Overall Jay is a good school.