Jay High School is an above average, public school located in Jay, FL. It has 430 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Jay High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B73 Students
- C64 Students
- B43 Students
- A+37 Students
- A33 Students
- B31 Students
- A19 Students
- A-19 Students
- A-13 Students
- B12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Jay High School
Jay High School Reviews
My high school experience has been amazing! Jay offered me so many amazing opportunities. I was able to be a part of a variety of clubs, and was given the opportunity to play every sport I had hoped to. Jay is a very open-minded school and they take into consideration every idea they are given. For example, my dad started the first tennis team Jay has ever had when i was in the fifth grade, and because of this, I was able to participate in the sport that has shaped me throughout the years.
My experience at Jay High School was great! I was involved in many extracurricular activities and did some dual enrollment classes at night as well as regular classes throughout the day. Jay has many different sports and clubs to choose from to get involved with your peers. They also give you opportunity to receive college credit through dual enrollment and the AICE program. There is not much racial diversity, but it is a very small school in a remote town so I would not expect it to have a lot of diversity. The only thing I would change is the food, due to the fact it just is not very appetizing.
Since Jay High School contains roughly 400 hundred students from 7-12 grade, it is easy to learn and have a closer relationship with teachers. I look forward to going to school each morning. The faculty is very focused on my success in the future.