Jasper High School is a public school located in Jasper, TX. It has 715 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Jasper High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B55 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+45 Students
- B+42 Students
- B-39 Students
- A-33 Students
- B+25 Students
- A24 Students
- B-22 Students
- A+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Jasper High School Reviews
The school spirit is apparent throughout staff and students. Though, the spirit overshadows education most of the time. The district has lost several dedicated teachers because of the lack of concern for academics, in comparison to sports. The newly constructed sports complex is magnificent, complete with concession stands, baseball and softball fields, track and football stadium. The district only docked the teachers pay and went without textbooks and calculators for a few years in order to build it. Needless to say, the district is very sports oriented.
I liked that the Pre-AP teachers and AP teachers knew the subject they were teaching very well and were good with working with students who needed additional help or just didn’t quite grasp a concept. I didn’t like that athletics was viewed as higher, or more important than academics.
Jasper High School is just an average school. The teachers and other administration workers focus more on the clothes we wear, rather than our education. I believe that our school should really focus on giving the students a better education, and allow us to be our self.