Jasper County High School is a public school located in Monticello, GA. It has 670 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Jasper County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+68 Students
- B60 Students
- B-52 Students
- B+49 Students
- B+43 Students
- A-34 Students
- B28 Students
- B-27 Students
- B26 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Jasper County High School Reviews
Overall good school with some very good, caring teachers who bend over backwards to help students but a few others who don't know their subjects well and aren't attentive enough to notice kids cheating. Great TSA and Beta clubs, internship opportunities, art classes, AP classes. Take honors courses if you want to learn anything!
I have been a student in the Jasper County school system from Pre-K to now & have enjoyed my time. The last 4 years of schooling here at Jasper County High School have been great. The teacher really do care & are supportive in helping you to succeed. Even with me preparing for college the counselor' s office have assisted with us visiting various colleges, filing out applications, posting different scholarship opportunities & arranging sessions to transition & what to look for or prepare for college. Even with the letters of recommendation the teachers were so helpful. I am proud to say I will be a graduate from Jasper County High School home of the Monticello Hurricanes.
I enjoyed the simplicity of the school overall. However, the majority of the staff and faculty, with a few exceptions, were, for lack of a better word, mediocre. I had no assistance preparing me for college, my desired career path, or what was ahead of me. Being the first in my family to attend college, I had to basically “wing it”, and have unfortunately struggled quite a bit. However, I am still persevering. I can say that while I had difficulty, based on what I have seen via my younger cousin, who is a senior at Jasper County High School (class of 2018), the school has made a few significant improvements as far as college readiness and assisting students who do desire to attend college. I can also commend the school regarding their CNA program. My only advice and/or hope for JCHS is to make further improvements regarding the faculty, as well as their methods of teaching, or lack thereof.