Jarrell High School Reviews

Jarrell High School offers multiple opportunities for academic and athletic success, and the faculty help every step of the way. We have a loving community, and everyone strives for success. Other schools have called us the most respectful, and successful students they've ever seen.
I really enjoy the staff, peers, and multiple opportunities that the school has to offer. The size is just right to allow multiple relationships with both teachers and other students.
I enjoyed my time at Jarrell High school the faculty is very nice and I have learn a lot in my four years here. If I had to change one thing with Jarrell High school it would be the school spirt. My senior year (2020) we have had the most school spirt since I have attendEd the school. Although I wish for them to get more students involved and wanting to support all aspects of the school.
Start Your Review of Jarrell High School
Good school but not a lot of school pride. The teachers are half and half some care some just want money.
Jarrell High school (JHS) is ever growing and advancing even today, as our enrollments increase and our community grows every single day. The teachers at JHS are motivated and dedicated to our goals and achievements. I'm proud to be gradating from JHS.
To name something I truly enjoyed about my experience with Jarrell High School, I have to point out the overall tolerance of the student body. Most people aren't picked on for being of a different race, skin color, or political interest. Your hobbies are your own, and you aren't forced to enjoy the things other students enjoy. It is okay to be different, and difference it often embraced, at Jarrell High School. On another note, many of the teachers at Jarrell are very kind, generous people who take a genuine interest in your education and well-being.

One of the things I feel could improve is the intense focus on athletics and agriculture-based clubs. I believe that everyone should be given a chance to excel and to follow their interests. My school has a tendency to publicize sports and agriculture over other clubs and accomplishments, which has led to a few Clubs being disbanded altogether.
I’m still at this high school, but my experience at this school has been pretty alright. I have always liked the fun pep rally’s for the football games and the games in general. I would like to see to change is probably the food.
Some of the faculty and staff are extremely dedicated to helping students and care about their profession, but a fair number of the faculty are unmotivating and seemingly unenthusiastic.
The school’s turnover rate for faculty members is atrocious and disconcerting.
I attend Jarrell ISD starting in second Grade. Over the years the school as grown in size. The school district has a hard time keeping up with the times. This is a small town that is growing very fast in population. There has been lots of great teachers come and go over the years. The basketball program seems to be the only sport that has achieved awards consistently over the years. The football, softball, tennis, programs really lack the dedication from the coaching staff excel and teach the students the techniques to be the best they can be. I have made some great friends attending High school at Jarrell. I wish the School district and board members could really start putting the effort into allowing the school to grow academically . Allowing the students to get the best overall experience and ready for the next step in life and have full growth in every area of High school possible.
The school is constantly growing with newcomers from all over the states. I'm not sure what it is about the area, but it attracts tons of families with kids of all ages.
Jarrell High School has gone through many changes and still manages to function properly. It’s sports program is the heart of the school, we all love to support our Jarrell cougars. The principal is amazing, she treats all students with respect and helps them prepare for the future. The marching band program is expanding and has turned into a program that many students love and dedicate themselves into.
During my four year tenure at Jarrell High, it seemed as those education was secondary to athletics. Priorities have been on keeping those in athletics happy, while those who want to focus primarily on the education aspect of school are left to fend for themselves.
I like the access of books and resources from the library . The helping hand is always there between the students and teachers . I think the improvement that is need for the school is more diversity and culture , school spirit .
Jarrell High school is a great small 3-A school. Everyone gets along just great, and the sports are amazing.
Most teachers are coaches, so they are very busy. This is my senior year, its a smallish school, we're getting bigger no doubt.
I like going to Jarrell. It is a very great school to be at. The teachers are great and the students are very respectful.
A lot of coaches that are teachers. That's not very great. The school's food is terrible. The only thing that is good is the chicken nuggets and mashed potatoes.
Start Your Review of Jarrell High School
Our staff lacks the compassion needed to help high school students thrive in the "real world". We leave this place feeling unsure of where we belong in the world.
Jarrell High School provides great education! I am proud student because everyone in this school treats you very well. The staff always makes sure you are safe, and that you're getting the best education. Nobody is left out because we are all a family. I wouldn't want to see anything changed.
I have been in Jarrell High school since i was in kindergarten. I had a great experience with the staff always being there in case of anything, and their teaching methods for each student to understand the subject. It was a safe environment and with many learning techniques teachers would teach students. I can say homework and assignments can be hard depending on the teacher I get but I know that the teacher will do anything they can to help us understand.