Jarrell High School is a public school located in Jarrell, TX. It has 390 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Jarrell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+79 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+49 Students
- A-45 Students
- B+39 Students
- B-34 Students
- A30 Students
- B29 Students
- B27 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Jarrell High School
- BHarker Heights High School
- Killeen Independent School District, TX
- 489 reviews
- B+Granger School
- Granger Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 49 reviews
- C+Florence High School
- Florence Independent School District, TX
- 49 reviews
- B-Bartlett Schools
- Bartlett Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 34 reviews
Jarrell High School Reviews
I attend Jarrell ISD starting in second Grade. Over the years the school as grown in size. The school district has a hard time keeping up with the times. This is a small town that is growing very fast in population. There has been lots of great teachers come and go over the years. The basketball program seems to be the only sport that has achieved awards consistently over the years. The football, softball, tennis, programs really lack the dedication from the coaching staff excel and teach the students the techniques to be the best they can be. I have made some great friends attending High school at Jarrell. I wish the School district and board members could really start putting the effort into allowing the school to grow academically . Allowing the students to get the best overall experience and ready for the next step in life and have full growth in every area of High school possible.
Jarrell High School has gone through many changes and still manages to function properly. It’s sports program is the heart of the school, we all love to support our Jarrell cougars. The principal is amazing, she treats all students with respect and helps them prepare for the future. The marching band program is expanding and has turned into a program that many students love and dedicate themselves into.
Jarrell High School is a school I am proud to have graduated. I loved how the teachers, principal and the staff care for your education! They all helped me be more prepared for my future. The teachers I had guided and prepared me for college, especially working on essays. I felt that Jarrell has a safe, fun, educational environment!