Jamesville-Dewitt High School is a top rated, public school located in Dewitt, NY. It has 963 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Jamesville-Dewitt High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A89 Students
- A+69 Students
- A-60 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+46 Students
- B42 Students
- A-39 Students
- A-38 Students
- B38 Students
- B+37 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Jamesville-Dewitt High School
- A+Fayetteville-Manlius Senior High School
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, NY
- 148 reviews
- A-Westhill High School
- Westhill Central School District, NY
- 104 reviews
- A-Cazenovia High School
- Cazenovia Central School District, NY
- 77 reviews
- A-East Syracuse Minoa Central High School
- East Syracuse Minoa Central School District, NY
- 121 reviews
Jamesville-Dewitt High School Reviews
There is a strong sense of community at Jamesville DeWitt. Everyone is welcomed and treated as equals. The administration reaches out to students for feedback very often. Teachers are incredibly helpful, and students are widely successful. Sports teams are also very successful, and have won numerous state championships.
Overall, Jamesville Dewitt high school is a great school. The classes are challenging (if you want them to be) and the teachers are great, especially in the science department. The counselors are extremely helpful in tracking your progress and keeping you on the right track. The school culture is positive and competitive, yet there is a lack of diversity. Overall, I feel very prepared for college.
I have had a great four years attending Jamesville-DeWitt High School. The majority of my teachers have been truly committed to the success of their students, as well as all of the staff. The student body is very diverse and a great size: big enough to have a new mix of people around you at different times, but small enough that there is a community among the students and we all know each other. If I were to change something, I would play with the idea of different learning styles in the classroom. Some classes were very engaging and interesting, but others were taught in outdated, monotone fashion that didn't keep my peers and I interested. Many immensely successful businesses and companies today work in environments designed to stimulate the mind through creativity. I believe designing a classroom similar to this environment would be very beneficial for many students not only in my high school, but around the world.