Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Jamesville-Dewitt High School is a top rated, public school located in Dewitt, NY. It has 922 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Jamesville-Dewitt High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A124 Students
- A+91 Students
- A-90 Students
- A+77 Students
- B+60 Students
- A-60 Students
- A+59 Students
- B54 Students
- A+54 Students
- A-51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Jamesville-Dewitt High School
- A+Fayetteville-Manlius Senior High School
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, NY
- 164 reviews
- A-Westhill High School
- Westhill Central School District, NY
- 105 reviews
- A-Cazenovia High School
- Cazenovia Central School District, NY
- 77 reviews
- A-East Syracuse Minoa Central High School
- East Syracuse Minoa Central School District, NY
- 125 reviews
Jamesville-Dewitt High School Reviews
I had a very good experience and Jamesville-DeWitt High School. There are so many amazing opportunities available such as the different clubs, activities, and extracurriculars, as well as electives and AP courses, that make it so that everyone has a place that they feel a part of. The sense of community there is outstanding and most of the staff are great. There are some teachers there, however, that I feel are only still teaching there due to being tenured which I feel is wrong, but the majority are outstanding. I have very close relationships with many of my teachers and they are always willing to meet with you and get you extra help whenever you may need it. The school is very diverse as well, and you'll find yourself among people of all different backgrounds, even many foreign students move to this district every year.
The teaching and learning experience is excellent, but the administration not so much. JD is a very sports oriented high school and therefore the arts are extremely underfunded. Many students have had issues with the administration regarding the way in which they handle certain situations. I reported a situation in which I was physically harassed multiple times by a boy during a school event and the administration did not do anything about it. In fact, I wasn’t laughed out of a counselor’s office when I went to report the incident. JDHS claims that they have “no tolerance for bullying,” but they don’t do anything to prevent or stop bullying.
At Jamesville Dewitt High School, education and athletic accomplishment are number one priority, but we do have some great teachers that work tirelessly to make sure every student, regardless of ability or background, has a plan for the future. We have challenging course for every level of academic ability, but in my experiences, some teachers are better than others. It is very clear who has a deep care for a student and their success, and who is just there for the paycheck.