Jamestown Area Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Jamestown, PA. It has 249 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Jamestown Area Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+26 Students
- B22 Students
- A+18 Students
- B+14 Students
- B-13 Students
- C+12 Students
- A10 Students
- B-10 Students
- C+8 Students
- A+8 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Jamestown Area Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Jamestown Area Junior/Senior High School
- C+Commodore Perry Junior/Senior High School
- Commodore Perry School District, PA
- 35 reviews
- B-Greenville Junior/Senior High School
- Greenville Area School District, PA
- 49 reviews
- C+Conneaut Area Senior High School
- Conneaut School District, PA
- 47 reviews
- C+Pymatuning Valley High School
- Pymatuning Valley Local School District, OH
- 56 reviews
Jamestown Area Junior/Senior High School Reviews
If you are interested in learning, the teachers are excellent and certainly available. It is mostly the students who do not engage in seeking anything beyond the required material. This mainline disinterest cripples the few who are excited about knowing more.
This a great high school to attend. The amazing teachers are probably the best part about the school. The biggest thing to change would be the support network in the school. Administration could try harder to support students when they arrive in their office with issues.
I like the fact that it's a small school and teachers all know the students by name. The teachers are not limited just to academics, they also teach about life. They make students very aware of the abundance of resources for their projects and research. They simply care about the well being and the future of each student which makes students strive to succeed.