James Rickards High School Reviews

I love my school because it is very diverse. I am exposed to different cultures. I have enjoyed my high school years. I love the school pride at pep rally's and the pride at every school event. I run track and the bleachers a full of Rickards raiders and parents. I have an awesome counselor who helped me in 9th grade plan my classes to make sure I was prepared for college. I have good group of friends who want to go to college and we push each other. I wish I can change the opinions of people who think negatively about my school just because it is not on a wealthy side of town.
MY experience at James Rickards High school was good, Like that teachers & mentors push you to do better and to also have a nice future not settling for less. The 21st century program helped me and others to pass when they weren't doing so well. I would change the disorder of the schools efficiency to keep teachers leaving students with a substitute.
I like the diversity of the student body and the high spirits of the schools and most of the teachers. I would like to see their be more opportunities to spread our school spirit and more diversity of club organizations.
Start Your Review of James Rickards High School
I love Rickards! I pleaded my mother to stay all four years because of the great relationships I built with other students, teachers, faculty and administration. They truly care about success and having fun while learning.
I enjoyed the fact that James S. Rickards High School had the option of being in IB which could help students prepare for college. AVID classes could also help students who did not want to be included in IB classes prepare for college and the SAT's. The only areas of the school I would change are the bathrooms and cafeteria could use upgrades.
I was in the IB Program at Rickards and graudated with my IB Diploma. This program does an amazing job of preparing the students for college in terms of the academic rigor and work load.
It's a very school, even though its a lot to handle it's very helpful and fun. They help you when your in need of it . High School really teaches you alot especially Rickards.
My experience at Rickards high school I fun and sometimes very frustrating. It is fun because the people give off good energy and there is never a dull moment. There is always something going on. it could be from music in the cafe to drumming on the tables outside. We even have card games. It can get frustrating because its alot of kids and gets hot really fast. And there is a lot of yelling for teachers because they ar trying to getting things together. And sometimes thing planned a little to late.
my experience at rickards was good because I felt welcome and I had friends and I need all the support that i need in order to survive.
Overall I enjoy the extracurricular activities along with the schooling. We are very family-oriented and it shows through our different clubs.
Attending Rickards High School was a very unique experience for me. Despite their bad record the school itself is cool. Some of the teachers and staff are very funny and relatable and the students there make the experience worthwhile.
this school has very diverse cultures and supports all genders and races. the kids there are very artistic and creative.
my 4 years of college was ok I guess. rick have a lot of favoritism if you ask me. they don't care much about their students. all they care about is their athletics because I guess the more games they win the more profit they get.
Honestly a very decent school from what others make it out to be. A nice education system set up. Would like for the guidance counselors to be there more for students because I know some people that are seniors and haven't even spoken or seen guidance counselors. School lunch is okay and restrooms are okay, certain restrooms are a lot worse than others. The school is very diverse due to being the only high school in our county with the IB Program.
The only part of the school that is of substance is the IB program, but even the quality of this program is declining, as administration is not able to keep up with deadlines, particularly regarding the IB Extended Essay. The IB Program however does have some excellent teachers, and some excellent extended essay advisors who enforce a strict schedule. Students in the program have been losing the incentive to work, and frustration in teachers is seen due to this declining work ethic. Besides this program, the school's students don't care about being scholars and there is no parent involvement to motivate them. In fact, the majority of the students will likely not go to college. I have been able to maintain relatively healthy grades, but I don't think that can be said about many of the other students.
The school has a welcoming atmosphere with plenty of people willing to help you become the best person you can. The International Baccalaureate (IB) program is a RIGOROUS path of education, but in the end, students will be more than prepared for the real world, and Rickards' IB teachers make sure of that.
It's a decent school. I'm in the IB program which is hard but not as hard as everyone says. I'm also involved in athletics but the only "good" sports we have are footballs, boys and girls basketball and our tennis team has some good players. The food sucks, admin sucks but that's typical of most schools.
Start Your Review of James Rickards High School
Hi! My name is Joi and I came to THE James S. Rickards High School during the middle of this year. I transferred from a school that I felt didn't give me any help and wasn't willing to help me at all. The vice principal brought me in her office before I transferred and told me that they will do anything and everything they can to help me out now in high school, and get me as many scholarships as I can. Since I've been there, absolutely everything that she said has been true. Just from being there for a little bit, my GPA went from a 3.1 to a 3.5 in just one nine weeks! I highly recommend you send your child here. You and your family will receive love from this school like no other!
This school is thought to be a bad school but it isn’t. The teachers care about the students succeeding and help out whenever. Rickards is the best kept secret because although it has a “ bad reputation” it really has good students who actually are willing to learn.
I love the supportive attitude and the fact that the teachers and administrators allow the students to feel like they can achieve anything. The school is severely underfunded, and I would appreciate some more funds to go to the school to assist in helping the school be able to help more students.