James M. Bennett High School Reviews

Social: It's a big school having a broader and more diverse cross section of the community than others in the area. There are social groups that don't mix much, but there is an atmosphere of tolerance and support between most students. I think students learn to be a little more appreciative of others' strengths and weaknesses than graduates of other schools.

Academics: Bennett is the best public school for academics in the area and maybe the best overall school. That isn't saying much. There are usually a few good teachers. There's little emphasis on high levels of academic success. If you want to go to a prestigious college or win academic accolades, don't expect the school to point you in the right direction. There are always a handful of students in that situation. The successful ones are those involved in every club who fight for chances to compete and advance academically above and beyond the readily available programs. Athletic success garners more attention.
My overall experience academically was great. I learned things that I probably would be afraid to try if it weren't for some of my teachers. To change a few things, I think the disciplinary options are low and not helpful to the school's community. James M. Bennett hasn't been named the safest school in the county because of the numerous lock-downs due to kids trying to use violence to solve their personal issues. Our administration has used expulsion, suspension, Office Referrals, and parent-teacher conferences to try to resolve these violent conflicts throughout the school. Where there is expulsion, there is enrollment to other schools. I believe these violent students should not have the choice to come back to school, depending on their circumstances of suspension or expulsion.
James M. Bennett is a fantastic facility filled with a majority of teachers who want to see students succeed. However, administration is not the greatest and faculty like office administration and the guidance department could be improved upon. While teachers are mostly friendly, not all are fantastic at providing education and I hope to see the science department improve. Bennett provides opportunities for many extracurriculars and has a wonderful band program with passionate ensemble members. The school attitude tends to be a little lackluster as many students are apathetic to learning. Overall, Bennett is an average high school, but on of the better ones located in Salisbury, MD.
Start Your Review of James M. Bennett High School
The thing I liked most about Bennett were my teachers they were very helpful. I would love to see all of the students stop fighting with each other.
I enjoyed my overall time at James M. Bennett but my experience was not flawless. Many clubs/teams I was a member of were very poorly appreciated by the school. The school’s behavior policy did not do much to end disrespectful and appalling behavior, so therefore I was negatively impacted by these troubled students.
I loved the fact that everyone was included no matter their gender, race, sexual orientation, and their appearance. I’d like to see more of the good students recognized because when I was in high school I felt as though the trouble making kids got more attention because of their actions.
Bennett was a cozy environment where teachers and students formed a strong educational bond that prepared students for higher education.
JMB has a great faculty, but is out of touch with it's students. Many students are unable to relate with most faculty members, and, at times, there are violent outbreaks among students.
I love the campus and the diverse clubs and activities, like STEM Team, Memorial Garden, and Spanish Honor Society.
There's a lady who deals with the student parking permit who is soooo rude. she told me to get out of here because I forgot something or I didn't have the right thing. I went there everyday listening to what she said to fix but instead of telling me everything I needed to fix she saw one thing wrong and wouldn't look at the rest. This school talks about spreading love and kindness that's such a lie. But beside this really negative thing about the school I like the students overall, never had school lunch but heard they aren't the greatest, RRR is amazing and if you go to homecoming the Dj sucks
James M. Bennett High School has to be the best school in Salisbury, Maryland. I'm not just saying this because I go there, the school was recently rebuilt. Architecturally, the school is beautiful. It has a lot of computers, laptops, and all the resources students need. So many clubs, and afterschool activities that allow everyone to fit in. The people are also one of its greatest accomplishments, the teachers help you understand everything, you instantly find your group of friends. A beautiful High School journey is a guarantee!
I transferred recently from another high school, so I can't say that I am the best resource. I have found JMB to be, for the most part, what I expected. It is a relatively large school with a diverse student body. The teachers and faculty exceeded my expectations, however, the faculty remains incredibly busy at all times. There is a bit of a problem with bullying that I've noticed, but if you don't act scared or narcissistic, you should be fine. Overall, it is an average school that isn't great but isn't terrible.
I attened james m bennett high school for only 2 years. However in those years i made a lot of friends and personal connections with teachers. The overall atmosphere of the school is great and home like. They always strive to help those wanting to be helped. The sports teams are the best on bayside.
Attending James M. Bennett High School welcomed me with open arms. After being a student at a small, private, catholic school since the age of five, going into public school and the "real" world was very intimidating. I'm very lucky to have been able to attend such a wonderful school with some of the most state of the art facilities in the state of Maryland.
James M Bennett Is a very good school overall. The teachers and staff were very pleasant and I would highly recommend this school.
i like how students talk to each other easily, the teachers care about every students. Students look out for themselves and others. i like how everybody can speak out for themselves.
My four years at Bennett definitely had its ups and downs. Like most public schools, there were great teachers, and there were horrible teachers. The facilities and opportunities were great. The main issue with the school is disciplinary problems.
Start Your Review of James M. Bennett High School
The school itself is fine, but many of the issues come from the Board of Ed. The teachers were great for the most part, but the rest of the administration tended to lack perspective and understanding.
James M. Bennett High is one of the best schools on the Eastern Shore, with some of the best resources available, but it lacks effective implementation. Sports and athletics, for some reason, have always taken precedent over academic rigor and funding for the arts. The teachers here are generally great, but there are a few that have been notorious for their attitude and/or ineptitude. There's a huge divide between lower-level classes and higher-level classes, and thus, between personalities. Because of this, there have been numerous conflicts that bring down the atmosphere of an otherwise good school. Personally, I wish that there was a greater priority around AP and SAT/ACT testing, so that coursework wasn't overwhelming during preparation weeks.
JMB is a great school! There are many afterschool activities offered and many opportunities to get involved.