James Logan High School Reviews

At JLHS, I have been able to grow as a person both socially and academically. The school, which is full of over 4,000 students across multiple enthnicities, has granted me the knowledge to be open minded and access to resources that not many other school have had. James Logan offers multiple clubs supported by the faculty, extracurricular programs, such as the marching band and Forensics team, regarded by many as possibly among the best of California, and athletics programs that actively place high in nearby competitions. The school is still improving and growing however, with facilities that require more janitorial support and a community of people, being so diverse, that can have nonviolent tensions with each other.
I like that James Logan High school has a diverse background, and that they have a variety of unique programs, that are not seen in most high schools. In addition to this they offer a wide range of after school programs and sports, with most of the programs having alumni. Although there is a couple of things that Logan can work on. One thing which Logan can work on is the schools overall cleanliness, since most of the time, Students have to deal with dirty bathrooms. Another thing which Logan can work on is providing off - campus lunch, since most of the time, students are unsatisfied with the food that the school provides.
It’s a pretty average school. The good teacher’s are really good, but the bad teachers are REALLY bad. I personally didn’t have the best experience, but it’s not the worst high school you can go to.
Start Your Review of James Logan High School
It is a very diverse school, but you need to make sure you do not end up with a group of friends heading down the wrong path, because there are a lot of students here which do that. Additionally, while their are some good teachers, their is an abundance of teachers who are very rude and belittling to their students and just overall are not good teachers. If this school looks to get better then they will clean it up and make it a much better place for students so that they could actually enjoy attending high school rather than despising having to show up in the first place.
There are plenty of subjects to take and whatever you like they have it that is what I love about that school also the teachers are really good and they have chances to get an scholarship and so many programs that would help you in a future that's what I love about this school.
My experience at logan has been great so far, the teachers are friendly and always available to help you. Logan is a very diverse school where you can easily fit in just the way you are. Something that I believe would benefit everyone at this school would be more extracurriculars. This would create a fun environment among students at school and flush away the everyday thoughts of wanting to go home at the end of the day.
James Logan High is an excellent school with the most diverse student body and widest range of academic and extracurricular activities.
I have very positive experiences at Logan over the past 3 years of my high school. Logan is a diverse school in my aspects such as cultures, languages, and ethnicity. At James Logan High School, I had the chances to be myself and despite the fact that I'm an English Learner the school provides equal opportunities to take classes like any other students. The teachers are supportive and understanding.
School lunch needs to be better in taste and quality. Overall, teachers are not trained at all to deal with student conflicts. There should be more surveillance throughout the whole school.
Since my freshman year, I haven't had any trouble with the enormous size of this school because I mean it's not like everyone is always worried about you or judging you. Something I like from my school is its variety of classes, both for personal interests and for our ideal career. The things I don't like about James Logan is that some teachers aren't even prepared to teach their specific subject and that definitely affects us as students.
James Logan High School is a diverse school with great opportunities for everyone. It is one of the largest high schools in California which allows for tons of socialization. The teachers are strict, but just enough to keep you on top of your work. Overall, it is a great school that allows every student to thrive in the environment.
I like James Logan Highschool, it is of the best in the area and is really well with the diversity of children and cultures. The policies are good although I do feel there needs to be a better safety policy and security needs to be enforced. The school itself is outstanding including academics and college readiness.
Wide variety of courses, however, most teachers are not helpful and elite students are somewhat limited.
James Logan is full of bright, ambitious, and diverse students. With a very supportive faculty member(i.e. counselors, and teachers) that help you on your every step towards college, and taking future classes. James Logan's diverse sports, clubs, and activities add to the interconnectedness of the school. Thier are several pathways students can choose to add to their high school experience; such as Puente, ICL, STEM and many more. James Logan's most notable for our band- number 1 in state and our Speech and debate team. James Logan's sports teams such as water-polo, swimming, softball, basketball, and many more add notoriety to our school.
Logan's academics is mediocre at best overall. However, elite students can still find ways to challenge themselves and a handful of teachers are extremely helpful.
James Logan has been a home. They are one of the biggest schools in CA, and their campus society is incredbily diverse. They offer a bunch of AP class that push students to be more prepared for college
James Logan High school is a great school to go to if you want to go to a school that has excellent programs for its students. Logan needs to improve on how many students go into the school, four thousand students is way too many students for the staff and administration to handle. Teachers can't connect to their students because the class sizes are too large, so any student that falls behind is going to stay behind because teachers can't really dedicate their time to that particular student without meeting outside of school hours.
Start Your Review of James Logan High School
James Logan high school makes an effort to be helpful and is extremely ethnically diverse. My favorite part of Logan was the ability to connect with teachers that were genuinely interested in your academic career. While the pep rallies were not very fun to me personally, they gave a sense of interconnectedness between our classmates.
I had a very fun time at Logan, however, parts of the school needed repair. Also, I've heard several complaints of teachers being too strict or downright bad.
This school is very diverse as well as impressive. This school as a whole speak over 40 different languages and is also known for there outstanding forensics team and band team.