James Logan High School Reviews

It was a great experience. I never had any trouble getting the resources or additional help from teachers and staff that I needed. There is a wide array of electives offered that I enjoyed choosing from. I felt very prepared going into college after receiving all the testing prep and advice from my teachers and other staff. Safety is taken very seriously as the campus is gated, with security posted at all exits. Students have to show their Student IDs to enter or get temporary passes. There is a small variety in food offered in the cafeteria, from pizza to hamburgers and fries.
Pros: diversity, lots of different classes to choose from including a lot of different AP classes, great and competitive sport teams, mostly caring and compassionate teachers, provides AP, SAT, ACT tests on campus

Cons: very large (my graduating class was about 1,000 students), moderate quality food and the portions are very small, the bathrooms are not super clean, technology should be used more often by teachers during lectures so that visual learners can learn better!
I like James Logan High School's sports programs. Most of the sports programs are very competitive and the coaches are top notch. The high school band is also one of the best in the nation. The culture is very diverse.
Start Your Review of James Logan High School
Great school full of a lively and joyfull staff! James Logan always offered courses that were appealing to everyone!
James Logan High School is a very diverse and big school that has plenty of areas and activities where a student can thrive and explore. As an alum, I fondly remember how much culture the school had and that they were constantly trying to provide a more cultural educated environment for their students. Extracurriculars and sports are also highly promoted and helps students discover themselves and their passions.
James Logan offers many subjects and opportunities for their students. The overall academia is good, and most of the teachers truly care about their students succeeding in life. James Logan provides many resources for students and has an extremely diverse community. College preparation is not pushed as much as it should be, but many teachers help their students prepare for college.However, because there's so many students class sizes end up being pretty big too. Class schedules can also be pretty messed up for a lot of students.
The school offers many subjects and opportunities for their students. The overall academia is good, and most of the teachers truly care about their students succeeding in life. James Logan provides many resources for students and has an extremely diverse community. College preparation is not pushed as much as it should be, but many teachers help their students prepare for college.
As an incoming freshman, I was very scared to go to Logan because I never attended elementary or middle school through this district. I've encountered positive and negative situations here as a student, but I continue to involve myself in after school clubs and attend tutoring so I can get to know more about my educators.

I was a part of the swim team. The coaches and most of the swimmers welcomed me with open arms. But the experience still felt different because some swimmers ignored me and chose to socialize with the people they knew.
All I'm saying is that you have to surround yourself around the right people whether in sports, clubs, or in class.

Abhi Brar our principal is a great role model and takes pride in our school and it's evident. He sends multiple school wide messages and congratulates people or their achievements through email.

I hope Logan continues to grow and value the 3 I's. Integrity, Intellect, and Interconnectedness.
I like that it's a very diverse school and it has a lot of classes you can choose from. It's also a pretty big school with a lot of people. However, because there's so many students class sizes end up being pretty big too. Class schedules can also be pretty messed up for a lot of students.
This is a very diverse school with many resources and connections to universities. I graduated from here in 2013 and it is mainly due to the support of my school councilor and the resources available to help my academics.
What I liked about this school is that there are a mass variety of classes one can take to help get them ready for college or their future.
Something I would like to see changed would be lunchtime. Because there are thousands of students attending the school, it's difficult for every student to get lunch. They should provide off campus lunch for seniors so that it would be easier for students to obtain lunch faster.
James Logan High School is a pretty good school starting out. This is my first year here at the school and I really like it so far. I've met a lot of good people at the school and it's a good environment. The teachers are cool they really help you when you need it.
There was a lot of diversity and a ton of classes to choose from at Logan. You didn't really get a lot of help with college and life after high school unless you reach out for it. The school as a whole didn't have a lot of school spirit. Some teachers were really great and made you excited to learn while others seemed like they didn't even want to be there. A lot of areas at school were constantly dirty but it wasn't because of the janitors because most of them were great. The students at the school have no care for cleanliness and no awareness that other people have to use the same facilities as them so they don't clean up after themselves.
I enjoyed the diversity and accepting atmosphere at James Logan High School. It was really easy finding friends as well as teachers that really cared for me. I also appreciated programs such as Puente that encouraged me to go to college. Being that I am a first generation college student, I needed all the help I could get. Puente provided me with all of the information and tools I needed to get to where I am now.
I like the wide range of courses we are allowed to take. There are opportunities for everyone to take some kind of elective they are interested in. However it's hard to connect with counselors because they are so busy with every other student and administration is often extremely slow.
James Logan High School is one of the most unique high schools there is. They have over 4000 students, with a unique and diverse community. It's the only public school in Union City, and I've always felt welcomed there. The resources and the facility are great, the environment is extremely different in comparison to many schools. We have unique classes such as Filipino speaking classes, from many different types of ethnic studies. The school has many promising things, that many often overlook.
At JLHS, I have been able to grow as a person both socially and academically. The school, which is full of over 4,000 students across multiple enthnicities, has granted me the knowledge to be open minded and access to resources that not many other school have had. James Logan offers multiple clubs supported by the faculty, extracurricular programs, such as the marching band and Forensics team, regarded by many as possibly among the best of California, and athletics programs that actively place high in nearby competitions. The school is still improving and growing however, with facilities that require more janitorial support and a community of people, being so diverse, that can have nonviolent tensions with each other.
Start Your Review of James Logan High School
I like that James Logan High school has a diverse background, and that they have a variety of unique programs, that are not seen in most high schools. In addition to this they offer a wide range of after school programs and sports, with most of the programs having alumni. Although there is a couple of things that Logan can work on. One thing which Logan can work on is the schools overall cleanliness, since most of the time, Students have to deal with dirty bathrooms. Another thing which Logan can work on is providing off - campus lunch, since most of the time, students are unsatisfied with the food that the school provides.
It’s a pretty average school. The good teacher’s are really good, but the bad teachers are REALLY bad. I personally didn’t have the best experience, but it’s not the worst high school you can go to.
It is a very diverse school, but you need to make sure you do not end up with a group of friends heading down the wrong path, because there are a lot of students here which do that. Additionally, while their are some good teachers, their is an abundance of teachers who are very rude and belittling to their students and just overall are not good teachers. If this school looks to get better then they will clean it up and make it a much better place for students so that they could actually enjoy attending high school rather than despising having to show up in the first place.