James Hunt High School is a public school located in Wilson, NC. It has 1,398 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 30% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
James Hunt High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+164 Students
- A+115 Students
- A+90 Students
- B+82 Students
- B+71 Students
- B-58 Students
- B-52 Students
- B49 Students
- B-49 Students
- A-47 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesB+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
James Hunt High School Reviews
My experience at Hunt High school is very great compared to other High Schools. Hunt offers help in academics and life. Hunt has great counselors who always put you first, and help you with anything you need. Mos of the teachers here are good and explain things in a way that will help and challenge you. My personal favorite thing about Hunt High School is the dance program because no other school around Wilson offers it. The dance program helps with building your technic and endurance as a dancer, which is very important in the dance world, the teacher sometimes even brings in a guest artist to teach us new choreography. The dance program has to be the BEST thing about Hunt High School. The only down side about Hunt is that it's not an ARTs based school, when it should be.
My experiences being at Hunt high school were a challenge. Being there was like being at an amusement park, it was hectic but I wouldn't change it for the world. There was some parts where you wanted to pull your hair out but others where you just laugh so hard you fall on the floor. I believe high school, in general, is like a roller coaster with its ups and downs but it’s so fun you don't want to stop riding. I meet people that held me up and some people that let me fall, it’s all about who you allow in your life and how they affect you. Overall, I had a good experience and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
James Hunt High School has been a good experience for me. From classes to sporting events to clubs to the multiple volunteering opportunities it has always been a joyful ride. The school offers a pretty good atmosphere and many chances to participate meet many different people. Looking back the only thing I regret is not being more involved in my school!