James Hubert Blake High School Reviews

There is a decent balance between those who wish to try and succeed and those who don't. There are some teachers who are amazing but there are a good handful who you would never like to speak to again. Nice variety of AP classes and clubs.
I love the freedoms that Blake High school gives to its students. The teachers are all very kind and respectful. What I would like to see change is the phone policy. I think that the school should have an over all policy, instead of the "teachers chose" policy that is in place now.
The school has a good outlook of the performing arts which is the main focus of the school. The teachers are in between enjoying their job and seeming disinterested. I would like to see a major improvement in the security and safety of the students. The building itself is relatively clean and the building services care a lot. The issue with college readiness is that it often isn't broadcast to students as much as it should be.
Start Your Review of James Hubert Blake High School
I really liked this school. It showed me its ugly and and it’s beauty. I learned how to stick up for myself. I’ve met so many mentors and it introduced me to new opportunities like marching band and cross country.
As a freshman I love Blake and here is why. For starters it has an amazing hs / middle school theatre summer institute, the school itself is extremely welcoming, it has an amazing variety of clubs and ways to get involved and very strong with it's performing arts / music programs. If you wanna go to a school that has amazing parent involvement , awesome teachers , well funded , diverse , easy to make friends and HAS THE BEST STAGE COMPANY (aka Blakestageco) COME TO BLAKE. if not just go to Paint branch or springbrook . P.S. our sports teams are bomb especially football teams GOOOO BENGALS!!!
my experience at James Hubert Blake High School, have been awesome to me, i've met new friends, every years, and was able to show people around me that i'm a hard working person. i've been involved in clubs, because of friends that had support me and pushed me to be involved out there and teacher who have told me i'm much more then i think, that i'm able to do anything i want if i put my mind to it, this will always be my school, and nothing can change that.
I enjoy going to Blake because that’s where I met good friends and I’ve had great experiences there. And I think the teachers and staff really want the students to have a successful four years that prepares them for college.
Blake is very diverse and unique in its studies. The school offers something for everyone. The dance department is amazing, our music department is amazing. All of the staff is there to help and teach. Our drama department puts on amazing shows every year. There is genuinely something for everyne at Blake
Being enrolled at Blake is truly akin to being a part of a large family. The faculty at James Hubert Blake are very willing to help students who may be struggling their schoolwork, are hungry for work experience, are eager for extra learning opportunities, who are dealing with issues outside of school, etc. They are also transparent with their students and are evidently passionate about their subjects. In addition to great teachers, there is no shortage of clubs and sports teams. On the offchance a student doesn’t find what they are looking for, staff members will help students create new clubs. The art programs at Blake are magnificent; some groups have been invited to perform at venues throughout the country. The College and Career Counselor is top-notch as well. She has been incredibly helpful in navigating the college test prep process and has provided me with some wonderful information on schools that fit my interests and monetary guidelines.
School staff is very supportive and always there to help, not very many fights, not very many students overall. Lots of school spirit.
James H Blake had great caring teachers. There are some who will help you anytime no matter how busy they are. There are teachers who just don’t care if you fail ole will fail you, purposely. It has great school spirit and the security guards are the ones who make your day the most.
I loved my teachers. They are all so helpful and they go out of their way to help you and make sure you succeed. I would change the food served during lunch or the way they deal with fights.
I went to Blake all 4 years for high school and as much as I loved it, there were also parts to dislike. I loved the music department which I was apart of and I just loved the arts and humanities which is what my school focused on. The only bad parts about it is that they tried to take what our school specialized in away. The worst thing is that our math department sucked. A lot of the teachers I had for math were racist and would insult us if we did not get the topic right away. I loved the English department and all of the other departments were great also! There werent many fights and our school is very accepting of people who are apart of the LGBTQ+ community. I loved Blake and really enjoyed going there.
I liked how the school had students with different backgrounds which allowed you to interact with different people.
My experience at James Hubert Blake High School was pretty average. The academics were okay given that they had offered AP credit courses for different subjects as well as a SAT Prep course for college preparations. What terrible experience that I had during my senior was a trying out a internship thats offer during the junior and senior year. The intern coordinator made it hell. It was extremely stressful and difficult for no reason. Students had to go out and find a intern site even when some students did not have cars.
This school is full of diverse groups of people with great athletic teams and school spirit. You create your own journey.
James Hubert Blake High School is amazing. It offers multiple programs related to liberal arts such as jazz dance, ballet, tap, history clubs, economics electives, political electives, music electives, arts (crafts, sculpture, photography, film,)- overall everything imaginable. It has a great marching band program, going to multiple parades, football games, competitions, and trips (Bahamas, Disney World, New Orleans, etc.) The environment is competitively uplifting, bright, and everyone is energetic here. Not only this, the students are generally well rounded, joining clubs in school of their choice. Even if you are interested in medicine or law, there are classes and programs (such as the NIH SIP or HiSTEP programs) the school helps and offers. The career center coordinator, Mrs. Prochnow, is especially great in helping all grades in the process for college or general student success. Come to JHBHS- its environment and every aspect is amazing.
Start Your Review of James Hubert Blake High School
The Blake community has an exciting arts program. The teachers and students help each other out very well. The Staff members seek to help the community. I must not ignore the recent Bullying and suicides that has happened among the last 5 years. Some students seem to target the LGBT community.
I loved my school. We have the best music department and a lrge majority of the teaches there genuinly care about the students. I know that my counsolor inparticualr cared about me and my highschool career and my well-being. The administrative staff is always out and about connecting with students and getting to know them. The only thing that I thing could be better is the math department and the way the cariculum is taught.
its a really good school and you feel safe and its a really open minded school culture. I had so much fun so far. i am involved in a lot of clubs and activites and theres a lot of oppurtunity.