James Clemens High School Reviews

Although James Clemens is a very new school, I believe that it is better than most other schools on almost every standard. Since James Clemens is such a big school with each class size averaging about 450 students, there are so many different classes and clubs that can fulfill a variety of interests. From the Medical Academy to the Theatre and Arts program, there is something for everyone.
James Clemens not only is a great school, but provides great opportunities. For one, we have an one hour lunch called, “refuel” to help students discuss classwork and homework issues, and to let us have time to study. James Clemens also provides many career opportunists such as internships. For one, I’m in the Health Science Internship as of now which allows me to explore my options in a hospital, and know what it is like to work in one. I’m greatful for attending a school like mine because without it, I wouldn’t know what I plan to do after graduating.
James Clemens High School is one of the most diverse schools I have been involved with. There are many races/ethnicities within this schools which has really helped open an eye to culture and new experiences. The school work is very fast paced and challenging. The advanced program here is very rigorous and demanding. I am perfectly fine here at James Clemens and I would not change anything.
Start Your Review of James Clemens High School
James Clemens is a very nice high school that has been blessed with great resources. The administration has set up a dynamic, hour long lunch period that can be extremely useful for student use.
JC is amazing! We have so many academic fields, as well as extracurriculars! Our programs are top in the state across the board, and still rising.
I've never been the most outgoing student, or most involved, but James Clemens is the best high school I could imagine. I've never had any problem with teachers, other students are generally easy to deal with, and the staff is very supportive and even in the summer very quick to respond to any questions you have. Many of my favorite experiences have happened here, and as a minority in a highly white population, I have been treated with respect, and never discriminated against. Because of this school, I'm very prepared for my next four years afterward at Harding University, and have always been able to use whatever technology or resources I needed. I've always felt safe in the top-notch facilities because of the amazing on-duty officers, and the staff that trains us for situations. So simply, James Clemens is an amazing school!
I spent four years there and did not have too many bad experiences. I was a minority and was concerned at first but I became involved in football and Lacrosse and was accepted. It eased my concerns. The teachers really care for the most part. They supported the football teams and helped me be able to get the supplies I needed when my parents couldn't afford the large sum of money needed to be apart of the team.
I loved the AP classes and how they prepared me for college. I wish they had offered more. I also wish that some of the teachers were more willing to work with their students in order to pass their classes. I also think that they should allow all of the students the same opportunity to participate in clubs and sports teams. There was a lot of diversity at the school and the academics here rocked.
James Clemens is a greats school with a great staff in Madison Alabama. It is ranked #1 in the state because if the hard work the students and teachers put into themselves and others everyday. Everyone is happy and grateful to be in a environment that pushes students to be their best all day, everyday.
It has been a fun time at JC. Im about to be a senior and it has flown by. Jc is a nice and safe school but I wish they had more niche clubs and have better prepared me for college applications
I like our block schedule. It allows for more valuable time in class. We also get a full hour for lunch where we can meet with our clubs and hang out with our friends. I would like to see a rotating schedule. Our current schedule is 4 blocks in a day. We would go to classes 1, 2, 3, and 4 the first week. The second week would be 2, 3, 4, and 1.
The school system is very well put together and the faculty and staff care about students in a way that no doubt encourages learning. Having an hour-long lunch also is a major plus.
James Clemens made me appreciate my education more because they wanted to see me improve and be one something in life.
I like James Clemens High School because it gives students so many options and allows for more free time, while giving you an amazing education. It also gives students many opportunities regarding colleges, scholarships, volunteerism, and many other things.
James Clemens is a modern high school that offers many opportunities for students to take advantage of to prepare them for college. There are many technical academies for students to choose from, including health science, biomedical, construction, computer science, business, Army JROTC, human services, and communications. The health science career tech track offers a senior year internship that allows students to experience the field in person, which will help them decide on a career path. James Clemens also offers ACT and PSAT half semester courses that help students boost their scores and open up more opportunities for college. James Clemens also has a lunch hours called Refuel that allows students to participate in clubs and get help from their teachers. Overall, James Clemens High School is a very academic based school that is involved in preparing students for college.
I really enjoyed attending James Clemens High School. The academic curriculum at this school is one of the best in the state of Alabama. I feel like I am really prepared to enter college after attending JC. The teachers at this school really care about you succeeding and preparing you to enter college and do well. They encourage the use of technology which also prepares the students for the college experience. We also have outstanding sports teams at JC. I was fortunate enough to play on the football team that went to the playoffs each year I was on the varsity team. In conclusion, I would recommend attending JC for various reasons; the staff, the curriculum, the fun activities, most important, the quality education provided to any student who wants to learn and prepare to enter any college institution and do well.
I loved the art program and the way the art teachers supported each art student. They were very much involved and could review art pieces very well. The environment of the fine arts classes are always very comfortable, filled with open minded teachers and fellow students.
Start Your Review of James Clemens High School
The teachers and students are all very respectful and easy to get along with. There are so many opportunities I have been given such as internships as a senior that would be difficult to get on my own. I do wish the students were more enthusiastic about supporting athletic teams at games.
Amazing. I love the teachers and everything about this school is amazing. Being a new school most of the technology is fairly new which is really beneficial to student learning as well.
JC is pretty good at providing the advanced classes I need to prepare for college and for the most part I've had good teachers, but obviously, there will be some I don't like, as with anyone. My only complaints are generally about the lack of classes that meet my specific needs, like a summer PE class and PreAP history classes and PreAP or AP classes in certain courses that are only offered on the 4.0 scale.