James Clemens High School is a top rated, public school located in Madison, AL. It has 1,698 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
James Clemens High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A282 Students
- A257 Students
- A226 Students
- A-209 Students
- B130 Students
- B+118 Students
- B82 Students
- A+81 Students
- A72 Students
- B-62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 215 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.73 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.77 responses
James Clemens High School Reviews
I've never been the most outgoing student, or most involved, but James Clemens is the best high school I could imagine. I've never had any problem with teachers, other students are generally easy to deal with, and the staff is very supportive and even in the summer very quick to respond to any questions you have. Many of my favorite experiences have happened here, and as a minority in a highly white population, I have been treated with respect, and never discriminated against. Because of this school, I'm very prepared for my next four years afterward at Harding University, and have always been able to use whatever technology or resources I needed. I've always felt safe in the top-notch facilities because of the amazing on-duty officers, and the staff that trains us for situations. So simply, James Clemens is an amazing school!
James Clemens is a modern high school that offers many opportunities for students to take advantage of to prepare them for college. There are many technical academies for students to choose from, including health science, biomedical, construction, computer science, business, Army JROTC, human services, and communications. The health science career tech track offers a senior year internship that allows students to experience the field in person, which will help them decide on a career path. James Clemens also offers ACT and PSAT half semester courses that help students boost their scores and open up more opportunities for college. James Clemens also has a lunch hours called Refuel that allows students to participate in clubs and get help from their teachers. Overall, James Clemens High School is a very academic based school that is involved in preparing students for college.
Attending James Clemens High School is something I will always cherish. The teachers are so involved and passionate about their students success. Also, there is just a self motivation in each student to achieve greatness. We have won so many awards for both academics and athletics and it is an amazing atmosphere to be immersed in. The only thing I would change about James Clemens High School is that we are a new school, and some programs are just getting started or are trying to better themselves. All great things take time and I can't wait to see what accomplishments come for them in the next ten years!