Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
James Clemens High School is a top rated, public school located in Madison, AL. It has 1,983 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
James Clemens High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A481 Students
- grade A418 Students
- grade A minus380 Students
- grade A minus344 Students
- grade B199 Students
- grade B181 Students
- grade A+148 Students
- grade A minus136 Students
- grade B132 Students
- grade B minus123 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 245 responses
- Football games20%
- Homecoming Week18%
- Free ACT (for Juniors)17%
- All athletic activities and band performances14%
- Theater program10%
- College Fair5%
- The Johnnys5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 82 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 82 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 82 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,075 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 86 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 86 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 86 responses
Schools like James Clemens High School
- grade A+Bob Jones High School
- Madison City Schools, AL
- Rating 4.34 out of 5 446 reviews
- grade AAthens High School
- Athens City Schools, AL
- Rating 4.02 out of 5 103 reviews
- grade A minusSparkman High School
- Madison County Schools, AL
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 727 reviews
- grade BDecatur High School
- Decatur City Schools, AL
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 45 reviews
James Clemens High School Reviews
Rating 4.43 out of 5 347 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
James Clemens is a great school that provides many opportunities to develop each individual’s specific talents. With courses and programs in health science, engineering, teaching, and more; students have each schedule crafted for their specific interest. Along with academics, there is an abundance of extracurriculars and organizations offered at James Clemens (that’s student can create)! I myself started a book club, Jets Inspired, at James Clemens in the 2019-2020 school year before I graduated. All in all James Clemens is a friendly and challenging campus that has help me pursue my future goals.
James Clemens is a really good school. All the teachers are nice, and it has a broad amount of activities for people to chose. These include clubs, sports teams and various electives. The school is always clean, thanks to the janitors. And the food is usually great. James Clemens also has a bunch of vending machines and food stands in case you need a drink/snack. The best part about James Clemens is definitely "refuel" or our hour long lunch period. This is awesome because it allows us to "refuel" before our next 2 classes. It allows for extra studying or practice time, club meetings, tutoring, makeup tests or work, asking questions, eating and hanging with friends. It can be incredibly productive and fun. This has really helped me get through school. Because of refuel, James Clemens went from a good school, to a great one!
This school provides great education as well as a welcoming and safe environment. I've attended this school once it opened up and they had a successive start with academics. As seeing their fast growth of providing a variety of courses and an innovative nature to the James Clemens students, this school definitely earned their deserving reputation. The faculty's hard work has definitely paid off in helping to bring a future to all graduates. James Clemens is ranked as one of the top 10 high schools in Alabama. This school has evolved in their athletics, theater, band, engineering, arts, JROTC program, and foreign languages. Your child is not sure on what to pursue after high school? No worries! This school provides college and military recruiters every month to provide helpful information to the student. The counselors are very helpful and will notify about upcoming scholarships and deadlines in college applications. Also, provide a free ACT test to all juniors to begin the process.