James Clemens High School is a top rated, public school located in Madison, AL. It has 1,809 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
James Clemens High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A393 Students
- A351 Students
- A-309 Students
- A-283 Students
- B169 Students
- B152 Students
- B114 Students
- A+114 Students
- A-110 Students
- B-97 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 237 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.79 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.83 responses
James Clemens High School Reviews
There were a few phenomenal teachers, art in particular, & my counselor was great. Very difficult to get services for students who learn differently. Seemed like the only things important to administration were sports & ACT/testing scores. Students were so pressured to take multiple AP classes & get high scores on standardized tests, that the competitive atmosphere was extremely toxic. I graduated with a 3.8 GPA, but was treated by some students & teachers as if I were stupid. One teacher seemed to enjoy humiliating me by calling attention to my learning differences; classmates even noticed & commented about it to me. Unacceptable! Overall, if you are a driven student, with a greater than 4.0 GPA, who runs on coffee instead of sleep & doesn't mind constant stress, then this school is perfect for you. Although the administration doesn't strongly support the arts, if you are interested in pursuing a career in art, this school's art teachers & program are awesome.
James Clemens High School has endured every year since 2012! Academically the courses are college preparatory and involve challenging the students to do there very best. The excellence of teachers are based on students personal needs. They don't just rely on students to excel, the teachers are challenged to excel in their classrooms. We share personal levels at James Clemens. The staff is here to be a listening ear and lend a helping hand. Offering a variety of extracurricular activities. Also, we offer a excellence STEM programs dealing with science and health programs.
James Clemens High School is one of the best high schools in Alabama. Most of the teachers are genuinely invested in their students academics and any other personal issues they may have. The extracurricular activities are top-notch. It is very diverse and has a lot of culture. The academies such as the Biomedical Academy, Engineering Academy, Construction Academy, etc, prepare you and educate you very well. The Fine Arts department is also one of the best in the state. Overall, it is an 11/10 school!