James B. Conant High School Reviews

I haves loves every second I have been at Conant. my teachers and my peers are wonderful people. it is such a safe and happy environment. there is so much school spirit that when you walk the halls the amount of people wearing cougar gear with their heads high is really inspiring. and a fantastic place to be in for 4 years.
James B. conant is a good high school. Many things from academics to clubs to teachers change almost every year. Recently it also went through construction to renovate our bathrooms. Conant strives to be the best and does anything to meet that goal. Students are friendly and there academic material mainly depends on the students.
Conant High is a great place for all different kinds of people. Everyone is friendly and all the teachers are very helpful and will prepare you for college. So far I am having a great high school experience at Conant and I know I will be prepared for anything that life throws at me once I leave this place.
Start Your Review of James B. Conant High School
I am a student at Conant High School and it is one of the best schools in Illinois. Most of the teachers are engaging and encouraging, and the extracurricular activities have a wide range of interests.
Conant High School offered me a lot of great opportunities to take challenging AP courses. They also have insanely diverse courses from trades to computer science. There truly is a class for everyone and everybody has the option to explore their passion. The teachers clearly have a commitment to the students and my teachers have always been a great resource for me.
The past four years at James B. Conant high school have been filled with many great memories and opportunities. I have had a positive experience over all and highly recomend this high school to all different types of students.
Starting off, freshmen year is intimidating for everyone. Yet, when I walked in to Conant I felt invited and had a sense of all the great opportunities that would come. For the next following years I was able to join about five clubs, the cheerleading team, and take five Advanced Placement courses. Conant high school has a lot to offer to all types of students.
I think Conant is a great school. I'm having a wonderful time in this high school.
Great teachers. The staff members are very respondent to the student's needs.This school is truly one of the good ones with less snobbery. 
I especially liked the friendships I developed with my teachers. Even though I have already graduated, I keep in touch with many of my high school teachers. Conant has a very supportive and friendly learning environment. Each time I go back to visit, I think about how amazing my high school experience was!
I love how everyone at this high school is so highly motivated and friendly! I loved all the teachers and staff. The coaches are all about good grades first. Everyone here is great it cant get any better.
One thing I love about this high school is how much freedom the school offers to students to take learning into their own hands and have initiative to study as well as explore their own interests. The students have a voice within the school and are in control of their own path in what they want to do.
Lots of choices, and most teachers are great! Some of the older teachers are very strict, but you won’t get the. Very often
The amount of learning and growth helped me become a better student. Before going into high school, I was a student that never really cared about school and grades. I was the type of person that used to slack off and not care about academics. When I first walked into Conant High School, I felt the change in myself when I'm inside and outside the classroom. All teachers and staff helped motivate me toward a better path in schooling. Time went by and i began doing better in school and became a better person. I truly thank all the staff and friends that helped me become the person i am today.
Conant High school was a good place to attend for many reasons. First, being the teachers want you to succeed and are willing to help you get to where you need to be to do so. Second, they hall monitors are the nicest people to anyone they come into contact with. They create strong bonds with students and staff over the years they attend or work at Conant, they truly changed the experience for me! Lastly, the atmosphere at Conant is great! Students can do what they want at school for extracurricular activities at school, including sports, clubs, musicals, even intern with your favorite teachers! Overall, Conant is a great atmosphere for incoming students and returning students in the D211 school district area!
What I really liked about Conant was the feeling of safety. I always felt safe in open places like the hallways and cafeteria. The worst I’ve had happen to me is upperclassmen teasing me. There would be talk of an occasional fight, but I don’t recall hearing about those too often. A lot of the teachers I had were very understandable, nice and always acted like they knew what they were doing. I don’t recall ever having a really bad experience with a teacher. If there was one thing I could have changed it’s the quality of the cafeteria food. I understand that school food is expected to be subpar, but I still feel like it could have been better. If they could afford to provide students with iPads for certain classes, they should be able to focus money to a better lunch menu. I hope that it has improved since I graduated from there.
This community high school was not a horrible school, the teachers and administrators will do anything to help you. The cafeteria food is not the best but once you are a junior you are able to go off campus which i think everyone took advantage of. Meeting people was great it was not hard to find a group to fit in. Navigating where you are not suppose to is very hard. I do wish that the school had more of a program for those who were unsure about a career.
Conant works for kids who have a path through life. However for those struggling with academics or depression it falls short. I didn’t know that my school offered someone to be a therapist for me until my second semester of senior year. At other points in my high school career that would have saved my struggling family money and it would’ve got me more of the help I needed. I recommend conant invests in mental health.

Officer Donnahue’s presence made me feel safer. More school resource officers.

My sister has started poms but we don’t have money to pay for her to take additional dance classes and the school can’t help us out. If the school offers it than it should be self contained in the school system and affordable.

Conant does have good teachers who inspire students. Mr. Moravak, Mr. Leblanc, Mr. Avella, Mr. Leonard, Mr. Kurfess, Mr. Kernats, and those are just the ones I’ve had. I’d say keep it up but there’s still room for more good teachers.
Conant is a very excellent environment to be in. Everyone is very welcoming and nice. Even though some of the teachers may not be the best everyone is always prepared to survive after high in either the working world or higher education paths.
Start Your Review of James B. Conant High School
Conant is a safe environment with abundant opportunities for their children. Students can easily create new clubs and join numerous clubs ranging from theatre to speech to woodworking to etc. Personally, this was the best experience as this abundance in clubs enabled me to create new friends with similar tastes as I. Also, Conant’s athletics has been exceptional the last few years, more so as they are known for being in the more competitive batch. Lastly, Conant’s academics is certainly more than average. Conant offers AP classes and honors classes for the exceptional students, and Conant offers tutoring for the students that are struggling.

The only issues that I have had with Conant is its problems with drugs. Recently, Conant has been having an issue with students vaping. It has escalated to the point that Conant has been remodeled to remove every bathroom door. The other issue that I have with Conant is their counselors. Some seem to be unable to help their students.
The staff is extremely competent and helpful with anything you may need and always willing to assist you. Activities are extremely fun and encorgaed since there is a wide variety which is great
I absolutely loved being a student at Conant! The environment is very positive, and the staff is extremely friendly, caring, and encouraging. There are many resources at Conant – from free ipads, to free printing, to free tutoring, there’s everything you need in order to succeed!