Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
James A. Green High School is a public school located in Dolgeville, NY. It has 267 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
James A. Green High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A21 Students
- B-17 Students
- B16 Students
- B-16 Students
- B+14 Students
- C+13 Students
- A-11 Students
- A+11 Students
- A-10 Students
- A+9 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review James A. Green High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like James A. Green High School
- B-West Canada Valley Junior/Senior High School
- West Canada Valley Central School District, NY
- 54 reviews
- C+Herkimer High School
- Herkimer Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- B-Frankfort-Schuyler Central High School
- Frankfort-Schuyler Central School District, NY
- 18 reviews
- C+Fort Plain Junior/Senior High School
- Fort Plain Central School District, NY
- 29 reviews
James A. Green High School Reviews
I would rate my experience at James A. Green High School as very good because of the variety of clubs, sports, and the friendly staff. The variety of clubs allow students to express creativity and themselves. Examples of clubs are Student Council, Battle of the Books, and so much more. Students are also given many sports to chose from such as Soccer, Softball, and many other options. The friendly staff and helpful teachers allow for an encouraging learning environment. This school has many positive aspects and also a few negative traits. One way this high school could improve is in the diversity; the school is in a very small town with multiple traditions and can lack exposure to different ethnicities or cultures. As a smaller school, there is limited resources which leads to an average result. However, this school takes these limited resources to give the students an amazing opportunities and a great learning experience.
The teachers at this school are very good at seeing potential in kids that don't necessarily see it in themselves. Speaking for myself I'm kind of a goof off at times and didn't really think to much of my grades I pull 80s and don't put a whole lot of effort in. There are a few teachers in this school who pulled me aside and spoke 1 on 1 with me about how I'm not tapping into my full potential and I'm finally starting to believe it myself . My grades have gone down this year compared to most yet these teachers give me opportunities to benefit from my mistakes. They truly do care.
Dolgeville Central School is an unique learning environment where many different kids come together and become a tight knit community with each other.