James A. Green High School
- DOLGEVILLE, NY
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
James A. Green High School is a public school located in DOLGEVILLE, NY. It has 261 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
James A. Green High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A23 Students
- grade B23 Students
- grade B minus19 Students
- grade B+19 Students
- grade B17 Students
- grade A+14 Students
- grade C+14 Students
- grade B+13 Students
- grade A+12 Students
- grade B minus12 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near James A. Green High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- High School Musical50%
- Spirit Week25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$22,643 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 4 responses
Schools like James A. Green High School
- grade C+West Canada Valley Junior/Senior High School
- West Canada Valley Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.42 out of 5 55 reviews
- grade CHerkimer High School
- Herkimer Central School District, NY
- Rating 2.95 out of 5 43 reviews
- grade BFrankfort-Schuyler Central High School
- Frankfort-Schuyler Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.44 out of 5 18 reviews
- grade C+Fort Plain Junior/Senior High School
- Fort Plain Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.21 out of 5 29 reviews
James A. Green High School Reviews
Rating 3.33 out of 5 36 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I would rate my experience at James A. Green High School as very good because of the variety of clubs, sports, and the friendly staff. The variety of clubs allow students to express creativity and themselves. Examples of clubs are Student Council, Battle of the Books, and so much more. Students are also given many sports to chose from such as Soccer, Softball, and many other options. The friendly staff and helpful teachers allow for an encouraging learning environment. This school has many positive aspects and also a few negative traits. One way this high school could improve is in the diversity; the school is in a very small town with multiple traditions and can lack exposure to different ethnicities or cultures. As a smaller school, there is limited resources which leads to an average result. However, this school takes these limited resources to give the students an amazing opportunities and a great learning experience.
There are so many racist students and teachers with disgusting opinions. This is a republican school and the republican ideas are pushed onto the students. The teachers are typically not bad at teaching, but some of them are much more qualified to teach than others. The school does not handle bullying correctly but will give someone OSS for having a juul pod. The school also has punished my friend for using an inhaler that the school did not know he had. My friend had ISS.
James A Green High School is a great school. There are not may students, so there is a lot of time for one on one with the teachers. There are many clubs and organizations that you can participate in, and the school offers many opportunities to help students succeed after they graduate.