James A. Garfield Senior High School Reviews

Well, my experience in Garfield High School was pretty much good. The teacher were there if you needed them. They offered help to students that needed it. Also, the the school did well in keeping it a safe school.
The school was very inviting at first, administrators said they would allow students to express themselves. Later on, administrators and counselors prohibited students from expressing their point of views on what should the school due to better the environment.
James A. James Garfield high school offers a range of clubs, organizations and college programs that definitely helped develop my persona and beliefs in high school.
Start Your Review of James A. Garfield Senior High School
Garfield High School is an excellent school, they offer a lot of extra curricular and academic programs to keep students busy, creative, and involved in the school and the community. They have a great support system, starting off with the supportive teachers and councilors all the way to the supportive students.
It’s going to be my last year at James Garfield school and all I can say is that I’m going to miss being there. Although it has it negative ;for example,not having many language courses but it also has it positive;for example, helping us be ourselves without any one judging us.
My experience has been very stressful at Garfield. However, its for the best and I appreciate the environment around me. Most people don't slack off and wish to achieve their goal. This makes a competitive environment, yet in a good way because it pushes people to move forward. As for me, this has worked greatly and I have accomplished so much. However, I would like to see new materials because some of our textbooks are falling apart.
Although James A. Garfield is a great school, it could be even better if it received more funding that would go into the clubs and sport teams.
I had an amazing experience at Garfield High School. It is a very supportive environment for students. The staff is very helpful, warm, and welcoming. Students are encouraged to strive to become better than how we are portrayed, especially because the majority of students are considered a minority. The college center is especially helpful for juniors and seniors. They always have scholarships written in the board and reminders for deadlines. They also have student peers that are trained to help other students fill out important applications for college and financial aid. They really go above and beyond to make sure you go to college and continue your education. They generally care about the students.
Garfield High School is a very good school and the teachers are very caring and helpful. Most people may say it’s boring but it depends on how you spend your time there. Everyone is there to help or tried to. One thing that I’d like to see change is the helpers in the college center. It was always very packed and sometimes the helpers wouldn’t focus on one person. Over all Garfield is a good school because there’s a lot of students and a lot of clubs, sports or activities to join.
Garfield High School is a very nice and wonderful high school where I go to. I get the chances of having things for free. We get opportunities that many other high schools don't/not offer their students. Garfield has the most helpful college center ever where you get to ask your questions if you ever have any.
Its a great school to go to. They accept their students for who they are. They have some of the greatest teachers that i have ever met that are actually willing to help their students and support the different ideas and artistic talents they have.
I specifically like the College center that my high school offers. The counselors there are very knowledgeable in many areas including how to apply to college and how to maintain above average grades. However, the safety around my school worries me because we are always on lockdown. Also, the food is terrible. Often, the milk is expired and the food is cold.
What I really like about Garfield would be that they provide any type of help to make sure any student gets an opportunity to attend a very prestigious college. Counselors become very close to a student however, only if that student commits to their own education. It all comes to be how much the student is willing to try in order to succeed. If a student needs guidance, teachers at Garfield will more than gladly find ways to help that child go through the right path.
Attending James A. Garfield Senior High School has been a wonderful experience. The teacher and staff are always there to help when a student is in need. I really enjoy how I have easy access to talk to my counselor. However, I think the school could improve in having more resources.
It is a really nice school and the teachers are really nice. The entrance is nice and fancy. We have the best auditorium and biggest. We have a great football team.
In my four year at GHS I came across many difficulties, but there were always staff who were willing to help. Although I didn't get close with many of my teachers, I knew they cared about every student, and would go out of their way to assist them. Although not a wealthy school, I believe they really helped me prepare for college. I also enjoyed how each teacher had an individual and effective way of teaching.
James A Garfield High School is a college readiness school. The faculty and staff are great and very helpful.
Start Your Review of James A. Garfield Senior High School
The school often has fun events but isn’t in a safe community. They don’t prepare much for college. Administration is never really a help. The LAUSD food is disgusting
I love the fact that everyone is welcomed there and can really be themselves when coming to school. Everyone is encouraged to be themselves and they have many high standards that we will reach at the end of the year. There’s not much I want to see change but our school spirit can be a lot better.
My experience at James A. Garfield High School was great because of the great friends I made and continue to be my friends, the motivated teachers and the activities/sports/clubs. I was in band all my four years and it was great, what I hope they change is the lack of attention they have for band. Most sports don’t even get that much attention for their accomplishments but the football team does which isn’t okay. I hope the band and others sports get more funds to be able to go to their games/competitions/performances.