Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+234 Students
- B-191 Students
- A+150 Students
- A+121 Students
- A116 Students
- B+109 Students
- B-98 Students
- A+92 Students
- B86 Students
- A85 Students
Note: School map boundaries my have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
James A. Garfield Senior High School Reviews
Review James A. Garfield Senior High School
My overall high school experience is one to remember. The years went by fast although I should I have dedicated more time to school, my friends made it fun. I was involved in after school activities such as basketball, cheerleading, working, and a basketball manager. These activities also took part in making my high school experience fun. I went out with my friends to the movies, shopping, theme parks, restaurants, train adventures, and more. I met a boy who I believe I will marry after high school but who knows. I've had several problems as well such as the dropping of grades, missing school, but now I look back at all I did and it wasn't worth it. I bounced back from my errors and made a change which is what I'm truly proud of. If I could change something about my school it would be to have more school spirit.
The extracurricular opportunities that are given to us are very good a lot of the clubs or organizations have teachers and staff who have strong convictions about their clubs. The cancer club has a strong support from cancer survivors and people who have family members with cancer. The administration supports the clubs well by offering them help with material stuff for their projects. The most popular club would be leadership it is like the heart of our school, it plans all of our dances and activities. After school activities are also big we have a wide variety of after school programs that are more than willing to help the students with their homework while also improving their character.
My experience at Garfield High has been very amazing. There is so much too learn every day. You will always find plenty of resources and teachers you can count on for whatever it is that you need. My educational life at Garfield has been a success. It has made me improve in so many ways whether it was my confidence or grades or even knowing the importance of my future. I love this school because it has so much to offer. For example, it has many programs that can help prepare you for college and can lead you through the process. You will always have people that are willing to motivate you and take time to make you improve on anything that you are struggling on. It is just amazing and I really think Garfield helps so much.