Jacqueline M. Walsh School for the Performing & Visual Arts is an above average, public school located in Pawtucket, RI. It has 168 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Jacqueline M. Walsh School for the Performing & Visual Arts Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B52 Students
- B-45 Students
- B-18 Students
- A+15 Students
- A-14 Students
- A+13 Students
- C+13 Students
- C12 Students
- A+9 Students
- A9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Jacqueline M. Walsh School for the Performing & Visual Arts
- CCharles E. Shea High School
- Pawtucket School District, RI
- 122 reviews
- CWilliam E. Tolman Senior High School
- Pawtucket School District, RI
- 100 reviews
- B+Cranston High School East
- Cranston Public Schools, RI
- 204 reviews
- BB.M.C. Durfee High School
- Fall River Public Schools, MA
- 227 reviews
Jacqueline M. Walsh School for the Performing & Visual Arts Reviews
The teachers at this school are great! All are very nice and constantly remind the students that they are available before and after school for extra help. There is no excuse for failing a class because there are so many opportunities to get the help you need. I feel like the teachers are interested and care for their students. They care about what we have to say and want everyone to engage in class discussions. Also, the communication skills of the teachers is very well. They know how to keep students engaged and listening.
JMW was an interesting experience. While the student body is very unique and the school culture is enjoyable, it took up until this year for the school to fix the moldy ceiling tiles and realize that the partitions were a fire hazard. The Senior Seminar program helped me ready myself for college. The administration was mostly focused on Jenks, the junior high we share a building with, until this year as well. There are no sports teams, which makes sense considering we're a tiny performing arts school. The food is your average public school food. The bathrooms are disgusting, aside from the nurse's bathroom. The temperature in the school is also very inconsistent. However, there are many good teachers with good senses of humor and interesting curriculum. It is a school I would recommend, especially since the changes that have been made this year.
This school gave me the best years of my life. The teachers are 100% committed to giving you the best education. Being the small school it is, you get the opportunity to get close to your peers and teachers. Your teachers get to know you on a personal level and know who you are as a learner. The arts and academics are tied beautifully at JMW as you can relate things in your major to things you are learning in class. The arts course are rigorous, college level curriculums with the teachers working in their respected fields. You're encouraged as a student to go outside and try different electives in the different arts. I myself, am a theatre major and have taken several music electives and loved it. This school and the people who attend are the best. This is an amazing school for anyone who knows that their passion is the arts.