Jacksonville High School is an above average, public school located in Jacksonville, TX. It has 1,248 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Jacksonville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C143 Students
- B88 Students
- B80 Students
- C67 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+53 Students
- B+46 Students
- A32 Students
- B+25 Students
- A-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Jacksonville High School
- BRusk High School
- Rusk Independent School District, TX
- 28 reviews
- B+Bullard High School
- Bullard Independent School District, TX
- 68 reviews
- A-Troup High School
- Troup Independent School District, TX
- 56 reviews
- B+Frankston High School
- Frankston Independent School District, TX
- 23 reviews
Jacksonville High School Reviews
Attending Jacksonville High School was formative, eventful, and a time for great growth. The administration is absolutely centered around making things as good for the kids' learning opportunities as possible. The teachers were some of the most influential adults in my young adult life, and they were all extremely committed to preparing us to work for success. There was a great deal of school spirit, and the events were fun and spirited. The resources were only average when I was there, as it is not an affluent campus - 82% of our school district is economically disadvantaged - but after a recent bond passed, the school is now building new buildings and renovating classrooms. It is really a great place to spend four of the most formative years of your life.
Jacksonville high school is unique because it's strictly based from tradition! My favorite experiences were being a dance team officer and performing under the Friday night lights.
My experience at Jacksonville High School has been outstanding. During my freshman, sophomore, and junior I was a member of FFA. FFA was like a second family to me. The ag teachers encouraged all students to engage in FFA and join CDE and LDE teams.My junior and senior year I have also been a member of the national honor society which has taught me many ways to give back to my community. I am now in a pharmacy technician class and a member of HOSA. These classes and groups have taught me that their is more to school than just regular classes. These classes prepare you for your future careers and teach you many skills along the way. I would do it all over again if I had the chance just to be even more involved.