Jacksonville High School is a public school located in Jacksonville, NC. It has 1,378 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Jacksonville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+178 Students
- B+175 Students
- A+160 Students
- B+153 Students
- B+125 Students
- C+85 Students
- A-84 Students
- B+69 Students
- B-66 Students
- A+51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Jacksonville High School Reviews
Jacksonville High School is pretty lackluster. It doesn't stand out in many areas. It doesn't offer as many courses as other NC high schools, though there are a few academic benefits such as the IB program and the number of Spanish courses available. Most of the teachers are either average or rude, with only a select few being outstanding teachers. There are hardly any clubs. The students at the school are rude and bigoted. The diversity in the school is the only excellent thing about it. The food tastes like cardboard. The buildings are old and cockroach infested, and the breezeways drip when it rains. The parking lot floods and certain buildings such as the art building aren't covered by the breezeway, so you better have an umbrella and boots when it rains. The bathrooms are filthy. The campus is wide open and anyone could enter it, so it's not very safe. I do appreciate the teachers and administration who try their best to improve this school. Mr. C is an excellent principal.
Loved my time at Jacksonville High School. I played varsity football for 4 years and we made it to the state playoffs in 2018 in football. The teachers and faculty really care about the students and our academics. We had some really tough times this year with the hurricane keeping us from school over a month and a half. The school activities that are offered at Jacksonville High School are top notch. The lunch menu and food needs a little improvement, but overall Jacksonville is a great school.
I wenr to Jacksonville high school go for all 4 years of my high school career. It's not a bad school if you really dive into the culture of the campus. The time I spent was very enjoyable for the most part. The food wasn't all that great but the if you hang around the right people everything else won't seem that bad. The administration really does there best with the students and you can tell the a lot of them care. At times the schoIL can be overwhelming especially during your junior and senior because of the senior project but if you pay attention, make good grades and make good relationships then your time at Jacksonville high will be great.