Jacksonville High School is a highly rated, public school located in Jacksonville, AL. It has 692 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Jacksonville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B87 Students
- A58 Students
- A51 Students
- A39 Students
- C+32 Students
- B23 Students
- A-19 Students
- B-18 Students
- A-17 Students
- B+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Jacksonville High School Reviews
What I love most about Jacksonville High School is that majority of the teachers are extremely supportive and allow you to express yourself. Not only are they there to educate you but they are also there to give advice and life lessons whenever you need it. Many students, including myself, have relied on our teahchers, faculty, and staff to be a support system and to have someone who believes in them and I couldn’t be more proud to say that I have successfully experienced this at Jacksonville High School! A change I would like to see happen is how they do semester exams. I would like Jacksonville High School to consider making semester exams exempt to students who have an 85 or higher average in the course that they are taking because it is not fair to the students who are passing the class to still have to take the exam.
As a graduating senior of Jacksonville High School, I can attest to the high standards and expectations of this high school. The teachers are wonderful and the administration really cares about the families within the school district. As for changes, I would like to see the high school continue to step up its academics program and outlet for extracurricular activity.
My high school experience was really good. I was given the opportunity to take higher level classes and even college courses. I took my first college class in 11th grade! The school offers AP courses to students so they can excel in their future. The teacher are very willing to work with students and to help them if they are struggling.