Jackson Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Jackson, MO. It has 1,136 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Jackson Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B364 Students
- A168 Students
- B+136 Students
- B+56 Students
- A53 Students
- A-40 Students
- A+38 Students
- A37 Students
- B+34 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Jackson Senior High School
- B-Oak Ridge High School
- Oak Ridge R-VI School District, MO
- 26 reviews
- B+Central High School
- Cape Girardeau School District, MO
- 102 reviews
- B+Leopold High School
- Leopold R-III School District, MO
- 4 reviews
- BShawnee High School
- Shawnee Community Unit School District No. 84, IL
Jackson Senior High School Reviews
I loved that the school had a safe environment and the teachers cared about the students. The teachers would nag until the student would increase their grade which in all reality is an handy trick to have. This school district encourages high grades and they do this by allowing the students with a 73 or higher in all of their classes. They also promoted sports and had great sports teams. They also helped those students who were struggling in some of their classes and they encouraged tutoring an staying after school to receive help from those who were willing to help. So I can happily say my experience with Jackson Senior High School was an overall enjoyable time of my life where I met new people and made lifelong friendships.
Jackson isn't just a high school, but some place where students can find a great education and amazing peers to help them through tough times. JHS is amazing with their education program but also really great in their athletic department as well.
I had so much fun at my high school over the years especially Jcrue! Everyone is so friendly especially the staff. I also was able to participate in college courses to get me prepared to go to Maryville University.