Jackson Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Jackson, MO. It has 1,136 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Jackson Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B374 Students
- A177 Students
- B+142 Students
- B+59 Students
- A59 Students
- A42 Students
- A-42 Students
- A+40 Students
- B+36 Students
- B33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Jackson Senior High School
- B-Oak Ridge High School
- Oak Ridge R-VI School District, MO
- 27 reviews
- B+Central High School
- Cape Girardeau School District, MO
- 102 reviews
- B+Leopold High School
- Leopold R-III School District, MO
- 4 reviews
- BShawnee High School
- Shawnee Community Unit School District No. 84, IL
Jackson Senior High School Reviews
I believe my time as a student at Jackson Senior High is best rated as very good. I felt as if the teachers employed at this establishment were invested in the lives of their students and strived for their success. Also, there are multiple courses set in place for the diverse learning and interests of the students who are enrolled. The only thing I would change about Jackson Senior High is the money distribution between sports. Throughout my high school career, I was a member of the Jackson Spear-It Dancers. Every year the dance team was, and continues to be, expected to raise the majority of their money through fundraising, while most other sports are almost completely funded. I believe attention should be drawn to the variety of sports and clubs that are offered at Jackson Senior High, instead of all the light being shown on one or two activities. Otherwise, I feel as if this school effectively prepares students for the future and pushes academic achievement.
At Jackson Senior High School, I came in as a freshman not knowing anyone, and the school and kids made me feel so welcome. Throughout my four years, I feel like I have been well-prepared for college, and the teachers are amazing!
This school does a very terrific job on college readiness. Very impressed. Plus the academics are top notch. The only complaint that some people get (especially those who have been in other school districts besides Jackson R-II in the past) is the fact that Jackson's band program doesn't include freshmen in the senior high band. However, this is something that can't be changed due to the fact of the sudden transition from the junior high building to the senior high building for the freshman class.