Jackson Memorial High School is a highly rated, public school located in Jackson, NJ. It has 1,565 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
Jackson Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A166 Students
- B+111 Students
- A111 Students
- B+103 Students
- A97 Students
- C+92 Students
- B+82 Students
- A+70 Students
- A+69 Students
- B+67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Jackson Memorial High School
- BJackson Liberty High School
- Jackson Township School District, NJ
- 144 reviews
- A-Howell High School
- Freehold Regional High School District, NJ
- 356 reviews
- B+Toms River High School East
- Toms River Regional School District, NJ
- 257 reviews
- B+Point Pleasant Borough High School
- Point Pleasant Borough Board of Education, NJ
- 202 reviews
Jackson Memorial High School Reviews
Jackson Memorial High School is one of the best institutions in NJ. It has great academics, superior athletics, and great teachers. This school should be nationally recognized for school spirit and their football student section is a once in a lifetime experience. I urge you to send your kids to such an amazing public school. I am a senior and I graduate next week and I am honestly heartbroken and am going to miss my Jaguar family. I am glad this school provided me with a superior education unlike any other schools in our area. I am going to a great university and feel well prepared due to JMHS!
My experience at Jackson Memorial High School was overall very enjoyable. I was able to meet a lot of new people, keep my grades up, and get involved with extracurricular activities such as stage crew and the film program. From my experience, the film program at Jackson Memorial is quite advanced. The same can be said about the musical program as the experiences you gain from participating in it does not get much better than this. Some things I wish were improved upon would be the food and the college readiness. Regarding the food, I've stopped buying lunches by senior year because it's just not good. Secondly, the college readiness is also absolutely horrendous. There's no real initiative from the school that forcibly engages students into learning how to apply to schools. To sum it all up, my good experiences at Jackson Memorial High School far outweighed my less appealing memories, therefore I would recommend it to anyone looking to attend public high school in Jackson, New Jersey.
Jackson Memorial High School has made my high school career absolutely incredible. The teacher's are magnificent and are always trying to do anything they possibly can to make sure their students learn efficiently. The students are also amazing and the student body is extremely accepting! Students have so much spirit. We are blessed to have many, many AP classes to choose from, and our students make very good marks on testing.