Jackson Memorial High School is an above average, public school located in Jackson, NJ. It has 1,558 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
Jackson Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A216 Students
- A-145 Students
- B140 Students
- A128 Students
- B125 Students
- C+106 Students
- B102 Students
- A+100 Students
- B88 Students
- A-85 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Jackson Memorial High School
- BJackson Liberty High School
- Jackson Township School District, NJ
- 161 reviews
- A-Howell High School
- Freehold Regional High School District, NJ
- 380 reviews
- B+Toms River High School East
- Toms River Regional School District, NJ
- 280 reviews
- A-Point Pleasant Borough High School
- Point Pleasant Borough School District, NJ
- 208 reviews
Jackson Memorial High School Reviews
I had a great time at Jackson Memorial High School. I enjoyed the different clubs that you could join as well as the sports. For the most part, my teachers were understanding and caring individuals. I enjoyed the JROTC program that was there. My track and wrestling coaches were great coaches and They made all four years of participating in sports very fulfilling and fun. However, I wish I was more prepared for college. I wish the SAT wasn’t as costly and that the importance of that test was reinforced to me more. I was a student that had a 4.3 gpa, top 20 percent of my class, and ended up attending Ocean County College. I think I missed a couple opportunities that I was unaware of at the time and the school didn’t help me that much in that area.
Overall my four years spent at Jackson Memorial were full of memories I will never forget. I gained my closest, most caring friends at this school. The school spirit flowed through the halls making it hard to feel like you did not belong. I made great relationships with teachers who educated me to be where I am today, in college. The football games were a symbol of unity, and you could find almost all of the school there. I was the captain of Varsity Volleyball and I felt as if that position shaped me into the leader I am today. They offered various courses, AP, honors, and many clubs as well. Some of the schools physical conditions were poor but overall I could deal with it. These four years were definitely not wasted and I would do them all over again if I could.
Jackson Memorial High School is one of the best schools for an all-around experience. The academics are well above average with some of the best teachers teaching many different subjects. Sports is a big pride at JMHS with very successful football, wrestling, soccer, and baseball programs. Coaches get the best out of their players in addition to keeping their grades in line. JMHS does a great job of preparing students for college by offering many Advanced placement classes. These classes can be accepted at select universities based on the grade received in the class.