Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Jackson Liberty High School is an above average, public school located in Jackson, NJ. It has 1,177 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Jackson Liberty High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A156 Students
- grade B+139 Students
- grade A minus122 Students
- grade B121 Students
- grade B110 Students
- grade C+109 Students
- grade B96 Students
- grade B minus84 Students
- grade A+79 Students
- grade B+67 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responses
- Football games, battle of the classes26%
- The Feronies (award show)16%
- Pep rallies14%
- Spirit Week12%
- The high school plays by the drama club12%
- Band performances7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,942 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 29 responses
Schools like Jackson Liberty High School
- grade B+Jackson Memorial High School
- Jackson Township School District, NJ
- Rating 3.97 out of 5 255 reviews
- grade BCentral Regional High School
- Central Regional School District, NJ
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 194 reviews
- grade BToms River High School South
- Toms River Regional School District, NJ
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 247 reviews
- grade C minusLakewood High School
- Lakewood School District, NJ
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 124 reviews
Jackson Liberty High School Reviews
Rating 3.91 out of 5 180 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Beautiful interior with upgraded facilities. Has negatives in school leadership and students. I know many students who were bullied without end and blamed and punished for it by administration, as the other student was more difficult to deal with or would require being sent to a different school. Many things are confusing or do not get done. Often makes illogical rules and suppresses student's ability to express themselves. In general, the teachers are caring and supportive, but most of my experience is with AP or honors teachers. I have heard negatives about other teachers. Sports teams do not accomplish much, but are easy to join and become a family.
Jackson Liberty High School provides many ways for students to get involved. There are numerous clubs, sports, and leadership opportunities to participate in. All of the above-mentioned activities are highly supported by the faculty and staff. There is lots of school spirit, pride, and dedication overall. The many departments at school take pride in the work they produce, especially the arts and the sciences. The whole school is covered in paintings, murals, and in nearly every hallway the students display their artwork. Further, a couple times a year the whole Art faculty hosts a museum, where artwork from all the students is displayed. The Science department takes pride in their STEM Academy. They compete in competitions, attend conferences, and work as a team to complete tasks. The whole school comes together, putting aside differences, backgrounds, and challenges to unite as one student body.
This state of the art school is a welcoming environment for students. Teachers keep learning interesting for students and also challenge them through their academics. The school meets the interests of many different students as there are four different academies they may apply to, there is a business program, a Digital Media Academy, the Jackson Academy of Arts and a STEM Program. The school is also filled with various clubs and sports for students to discover their talents, and make new friends. The administrative staff and teachers ensure that the school is an enjoyable and exciting place to be, so students can. make the most of their high school experiences.