Jackson High School is a highly rated, public school located in Massillon, OH. It has 2,041 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+298 Students
- A-196 Students
- B-188 Students
- B179 Students
- A-132 Students
- A126 Students
- B97 Students
- A+81 Students
- C+70 Students
- B55 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 123 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Jackson High School
- A-Green High School
- Green Local School District (Uniontown), OH
- 331 reviews
- AHoover High School
- North Canton City School District, OH
- 266 reviews
- ALake High School
- Lake Local School District (Uniontown), OH
- 207 reviews
- A-Wadsworth High School
- Wadsworth City School District, OH
- 207 reviews
Jackson High School Reviews
It’s a bummer how Jackson isn’t as great as they say it is! I transferred from Jackson to Green after hearing about the better school life at Green. It is a crazy difference. The school is still predominantly rich and white, but green has an atmosphere attempting to help students, not degreade them.
Jackson High School does an excellent job teaching the students and preparing them for college. They have wonderful resources and facilities to assist in this matter, while also giving ample ways for students to get involved in their school and community through clubs, activities, sports as well as other things.
I enjoyed my senior year at Jackson High School. I was chartered schooled from Kindergarten till my senior year. I played in the marching band, drama club (crew and then played a major part), jazz band and became very accepted and had a tremendous year. Went to Disney World with the band. Now I am enrolled at Ohio Christian University in Circleville, Ohio where I am taking Education.