Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Jackson High School is a highly rated, public school located in Massillon, OH. It has 1,988 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+508 Students
- grade B minus306 Students
- grade A minus302 Students
- grade B278 Students
- grade A minus237 Students
- grade A minus229 Students
- grade B156 Students
- grade A+131 Students
- grade C+104 Students
- grade B minus75 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 140 responses
- Spirit week20%
- Football games19%
- Homecoming game16%
- Basketball games12%
- Band Camp6%
- The drumline's superstitious ceremonies for games6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,441 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 57 responses
Schools like Jackson High School
- grade A minusGreen High School
- Green Local School District (Uniontown), OH
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 366 reviews
- grade AHoover High School
- North Canton City School District, OH
- Rating 3.98 out of 5 316 reviews
- grade A minusLake High School
- Lake Local School District (Uniontown), OH
- Rating 4.02 out of 5 231 reviews
- grade A minusWadsworth High School
- Wadsworth City School District, OH
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 250 reviews
Jackson High School Reviews
Rating 4.05 out of 5 326 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Jackson High is a great school, the staff really cares about our education! I can say that all of the teachers I’ve had have genuinely cared about helping me with my education. Everyone there pushes you to be the best you can be and they help you achieve your goals. One thing I would like to see change is the way they push things on us. They push AP testing even when some people don’t need to take the test. I ended up taking a test and then looked up my future college and they don’t allow credit for that one I took. I didn’t even know that you could look up colleges to see what AP tests they take, and I feel like we should have been told that. They need to provide us with ALL options, not just the ones they want us to do.
I enjoyed attending this school! I am a part of the arts program within Jackson High School, and it has made me much closer with my peers. I also feel this arts program has helped me gain so much confidence. I feel as though my academic abilities have been challenged and I have been pushed, and I am grateful for that. Though I do not participate in sports, the sports teams are very good and well funded. However, what my school has in sports, arts, and academics, it lacks in diversity. The majority of the student body at Jackson High School is white. Also, the majority of the students are also wealthy. I am in the minority of students, as my family does not have much money. Overall, I have enjoyed attending Jackson High School, but it definitely does have its flaws.
Jackson High school has been a great experience as a student. With great teachers and academics, to amazing clubs and sports teams, my experience here has been above any other. I wish to see more recognition for this amazing school!