Jackson High School is a highly rated, public school located in Massillon, OH. It has 2,000 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+414 Students
- B-259 Students
- A-251 Students
- B237 Students
- A196 Students
- A-182 Students
- B138 Students
- A+114 Students
- C+88 Students
- B64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 124 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Jackson High School
- A-Green High School
- Green Local School District (Uniontown), OH
- 346 reviews
- A-Hoover High School
- North Canton City School District, OH
- 286 reviews
- A-Lake High School
- Lake Local School District (Uniontown), OH
- 219 reviews
- A-Wadsworth High School
- Wadsworth City School District, OH
- 223 reviews
Jackson High School Reviews
I enjoyed attending this school! I am a part of the arts program within Jackson High School, and it has made me much closer with my peers. I also feel this arts program has helped me gain so much confidence. I feel as though my academic abilities have been challenged and I have been pushed, and I am grateful for that. Though I do not participate in sports, the sports teams are very good and well funded. However, what my school has in sports, arts, and academics, it lacks in diversity. The majority of the student body at Jackson High School is white. Also, the majority of the students are also wealthy. I am in the minority of students, as my family does not have much money. Overall, I have enjoyed attending Jackson High School, but it definitely does have its flaws.
Jackson High School is a wonderful institution with a plethora of opportunities and resources to be sought out. Mainly, the school offers students the option of membership in two separate academies, Jackson School for the Arts and Jackson Academy for Global Studies. I, myself, have participated for four years in both of the academies. In addition to these, there is a wide variety of clubs and activities that promote student leadership. Academics at Jackson High School are placed at a very high value by both faculty and the student population. However, students in Jackson are not only high-achieving in a singular area. Since its establishment, this school has consistently produced well-rounded students and citizens. This is largely due to the community's involvement in the the school and vice versa. Not only does the faculty teach the common core, they teach morality and how to lead a successful life by the constantly rising modern standard.
I appreciate that the teachers truly care about the students, and help them in anyway possible. The administration is doing different things to ensure safety, after a horrific event last year. Jackson High School welcomes everyone and promotes individuals to express themselves and what they believe in. There is a variety of clubs and activities to be apart of! Nobody will feel left out or different at this school.