Jackson High School is a highly rated, public school located in Massillon, OH. It has 2,041 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+349 Students
- A-223 Students
- B-215 Students
- B204 Students
- A-151 Students
- A145 Students
- B110 Students
- A+94 Students
- C+74 Students
- B59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 123 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Jackson High School
- A-Green High School
- Green Local School District (Uniontown), OH
- 334 reviews
- AHoover High School
- North Canton City School District, OH
- 273 reviews
- ALake High School
- Lake Local School District (Uniontown), OH
- 209 reviews
- A-Wadsworth High School
- Wadsworth City School District, OH
- 209 reviews
Jackson High School Reviews
I appreciate that the teachers truly care about the students, and help them in anyway possible. The administration is doing different things to ensure safety, after a horrific event last year. Jackson High School welcomes everyone and promotes individuals to express themselves and what they believe in. There is a variety of clubs and activities to be apart of! Nobody will feel left out or different at this school.
It’s a bummer how Jackson isn’t as great as they say it is! I transferred from Jackson to Green after hearing about the better school life at Green. It is a crazy difference. The school is still predominantly rich and white, but green has an atmosphere attempting to help students, not degreade them.
I went to Jackson from 2nd grade to 9th grade. I ended up transferring to Dublin Jerome High School near Columbus, Ohio. I may have taken for granted what a great place Jackson High School is and the whole community in general. Jackson allowed for students to really excel in all their classes. They have a very nice lenient grading scale unlike other schools where they have A+ or A-. They have a wide selection of AP/IB/CCP classes to choose from and their wonderful teaching staff is always there to help. I realized how great of a school this was after I left. I want to stress that if you are thinking of coming to Jackson, you certainly will not regret it. I promise you on that.