Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Jackson High School is an above average, public school located in Jackson, OH. It has 620 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus148 Students
- grade A+98 Students
- grade A minus69 Students
- grade C65 Students
- grade C minus61 Students
- grade B minus43 Students
- grade A minus37 Students
- grade B minus37 Students
- grade B33 Students
- grade B minus31 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responses
- Football Games and wathcing the Marching Band50%
- Student section cheers50%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,398 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 17 responses
Schools like Jackson High School
- grade CMinford High School
- Minford Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.55 out of 5 55 reviews
- grade B+South Webster Junior/Senior High School
- Bloom-Vernon Local School District, OH
- Rating 4.41 out of 5 59 reviews
- grade C+Vinton County High School
- Vinton County Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.68 out of 5 59 reviews
- grade CWellston High School
- Wellston City School District, OH
- Rating 3.28 out of 5 46 reviews
Jackson High School Reviews
Rating 3.66 out of 5 125 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Jackson High School is a wonderful place to get a high school education. The facilities are top of the line. The arts programs are celebrated instead of destroyed. The band program (with over 200 members) is known as "the pride of Jackson" and is the star of every local event. The teachers are dedicated to their students. The students are not very diverse, but they all participate in a variety of different sports, clubs, and community service groups. The number of valedictorians every year is baffling. Classes are vocal and education is hands-on.
I've been at Jackson high school for 3 years now and this year i'm a senior. I transferred from Oak Hill high school because of bullying and once I came to Jackson, it was a new life for me. The studies are tough but most of the teachers truly care about your education. Although jackson can be a very strict school. I wish I could change the book bag and bathroom policy. Also I wish I knew more about the academics because a lot of things changed when transferring from a different school and they didn't help very much on that aspect. Overall, I rank Jackson pretty high just because if I wouldn't have came here, I wouldn't be where I am today. Thank you Jackson High School!
Jackson High School was more than just a school. To me this is where I called home, where I grew and where I learned life lessons I will carry with me forever. The staff and faculty made me who I am today and I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else.