Jackson High School is a public school located in Jackson, OH. It has 691 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-114 Students
- A+71 Students
- A-55 Students
- C-54 Students
- C53 Students
- B29 Students
- B-27 Students
- A25 Students
- C24 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Jackson High School
- C+Minford High School
- Minford Local School District, OH
- 48 reviews
- BSouth Webster Junior/Senior High School
- Bloom-Vernon Local School District, OH
- 47 reviews
- C+Vinton County High School
- Vinton County Local School District, OH
- 56 reviews
- C-Wellston High School
- Wellston City School District, OH
- 40 reviews
Jackson High School Reviews
I've been at Jackson high school for 3 years now and this year i'm a senior. I transferred from Oak Hill high school because of bullying and once I came to Jackson, it was a new life for me. The studies are tough but most of the teachers truly care about your education. Although jackson can be a very strict school. I wish I could change the book bag and bathroom policy. Also I wish I knew more about the academics because a lot of things changed when transferring from a different school and they didn't help very much on that aspect. Overall, I rank Jackson pretty high just because if I wouldn't have came here, I wouldn't be where I am today. Thank you Jackson High School!
My overall experience with Jackson High School is wonderful. The teachers are great and they care so much for you and your education. I love how when we do good on our tests, we get rewarded. Such as, for sophomores, after they get done taking their OGT's (Ohio Graduation Tests), the principal rewards us with a day where we go into the field house and play games, sports, and/or socialize. It's pretty fun! There is nothing that unique about this school. It's pretty average, we have clubs and sports to choose from. Our fan support and school spirit for football is outstanding. We're just your typical small town high school!
I think that overall it is a very well rounded school but it is a very white, Christian school. There isn't a lot of diversity throughout the school and they aren't very open to talking about diversity.