Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+170 Students
- A+122 Students
- B+116 Students
- C-113 Students
- B-74 Students
- B+72 Students
- B53 Students
- B+53 Students
- B+33 Students
- B-30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 77 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Jackson High School
- B-Concord High School
- Concord Community Schools, MI
- 53 reviews
- B-Northwest High School
- Northwest Community Schools, MI
- 163 reviews
- B-Vandercook Lake High School
- Vandercook Lake Public Schools, MI
- 39 reviews
- B-Springport High School
- Springport Public Schools, MI
- PK, 9-12
- 36 reviews
Jackson High School Reviews
Review Jackson High School
I have enjoyed Jackson High School because of the academics that they offer the students along with their extracurricular classes and activities. The school gets their students involved doing things that they like such as sports, or clubs. They also encourage volunteering where more than half of the students at Jackson High have collected community service hours, where they have gone out into the community, into other schools and volunteered their time. Jackson High School is a great school where they are not only educating students of tomorrow but leaders of tomorrow.
There are plenty of clubs to join here, but there are a couple of faults about them. Word does not get out about all of the clubs, so someone may miss out on something related to them, and they think theres nothing for them to do there. Another thing is, this school was, and probably still is, a focus school. Half of the kids excel with flying colors, and the other half has trouble being motivated... so that half tends not to participate in extracurriculars. Other than these, there is great support amongst and within the groups, clubs, and sports. They are great environments, and help you to relieve from the stress of school!
Going to a public school like Jackson High has taught me to appreciate people, different cultures and every individuals ideas. The school district offers Advanced Placement classes allowing for possible College credit and the teachers are individuals who each offer a different experience to their subject and class. The school is a community that gives back and supports each other in their endeavors in and out of school.