Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Jackson High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Jackson, MI. It has 1,223 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A270 Students
- A+217 Students
- B+184 Students
- C-169 Students
- B124 Students
- B-117 Students
- B+103 Students
- B-94 Students
- B+68 Students
- B56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Jackson High School
- C+Concord High School
- Concord Community Schools, MI
- 57 reviews
- B-Northwest High School
- Northwest Community Schools, MI
- 191 reviews
- CVandercook Lake High School
- Vandercook Lake Public Schools, MI
- 44 reviews
- C+Springport High School
- Springport Public Schools, MI
- PK, 9-12
- 41 reviews
Jackson High School Reviews
Jackson High School has helped me become the person I am today! The school system is amazing and whenever there are a few bumps in the road they always seem to quickly find a solution! However if I were to have one negative comment it is that the new student parking lot is not at all feasible with the students needs, there's not enough parking for the one hundred plus students to accommodate.
Jackson High School has education for everyone which is one thing I love about the school. I am able to challenge myself by taking Advanced Placement courses and a large variety of extra curricular activities. The teachers at our school for the most part are wonderful but if I could change anything about the school it would be administration. Our administration has recently gone through many changes, and in my opinion these changes have not been beneficial. Jackson High consist of people among all levels of education. Our administration tends to target the higher level students when they could be spending their time with the students that actually need the necessary help to graduate and continue their life through post-secondary schooling.
Jackson High School is a great school with teachers always willing to help you, diverse students, and a huge variety of courses to choose from that suit your interests. Jackson High offers endless opportunities, however it doesn't offer everything therefore I would like to see more chances for independent study hours. You can take an independent study hour, but based on which teacher you choose as your mentor, you have to go just as they plan it out for you. You don't really have the independence of planning and executing the course as you wish. Jackson High School has many extracurricular activities to have fun after school and if you don't have time after school, you can take some extracurriculars in an hour during the school day. Jackon High School offers rigorous courses to help you challenge yourself academically and excel. Teachers are willing to help you succeed.