Jackson High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Jackson, MI. It has 1,280 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A202 Students
- A+156 Students
- B+150 Students
- C138 Students
- B95 Students
- B-93 Students
- B+71 Students
- B69 Students
- B+42 Students
- B41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 77 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Jackson High School
- C+Concord High School
- Concord Community Schools, MI
- 55 reviews
- BNorthwest High School
- Northwest Community Schools, MI
- 173 reviews
- C+Vandercook Lake High School
- Vandercook Lake Public Schools, MI
- 41 reviews
- B-Springport High School
- Springport Public Schools, MI
- PK, 8-12
- 37 reviews
Jackson High School Reviews
I enjoyed my experience at Jackson High. They have many AP Classes offered, which I took opportunity of. Most teachers are fantastic, with the exception of a few duds. Extracurriculars are varied and there’s something for everyone. There’s always an event taking place. The only thing I would like to see changed is decreased gender discrimination through dress code, better communication with divorced parents, fairer punishments for children of school board members, and opportunity to evaluate/review teachers.
My experience with Jackson High school has been phenomenal. The students and teachers are very welcoming and supportive. Most teachers try to challenge their students and make personal connections with them. The diversity of the school is beautiful and is one of my favorite parts about the school. The sports and extracurricular activities led me to meet so many amazing people. The school is big and diverse, so you have to like a large school if you wanted to go. But it’s well worth trying it out.
High school is what you make it. Teachers I've personally had were great and the ones that weren't you don't have to worry too much about. The opportunities are pretty much endless with this school, we're lucky to have all the options for classes that we have and I loved a lot of the classes I took. But by junior year I took all the electives I wanted to take so I opted to go Career Center. But many are happy and successful while staying at the main school. I was never active with any club or activities but if you don't find something you like you can always start your own club which friends have done as well. The high school is a little unorganized at times which can be a little frustrating but there's more important things in life. For the most part the school is safe and diverse, we're a little wild but sometimes that can be good.