Jackson High School is a public school located in Jackson, GA. It has 1,005 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+87 Students
- B+67 Students
- B+62 Students
- C+54 Students
- B-45 Students
- B43 Students
- B-42 Students
- A-36 Students
- A+30 Students
- B-28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Jackson High School Reviews
The school is pretty diverse between black, white and mixed races as well as Hispanics. Not many of the Asian descent. School work is fairly simple. Some Teachers are very compassionate and caring for their students. Lots of clubs and Organizations, pretty hard to get into them though. The school itself is relatively small and the hallways are often very crowded. The faculty is not the best but I guess they try. Not much bullying from my perspective but there are cliques and groups so there could be. Overall Jackson High isnt my favorite place but I guess it is what you make of it. Just not for me Gladly I graduate very soon.
What I like about Jackson High School is the feeling of family. Being the high school of such a small town means that most people know just about everybody else. That is what results in the sense of togetherness and unity you'll find among students and staff alike. The things I'd like to see improve would be more resources and funding, as a lot of teachers have to take out of their own pockets for the lessons they teach. Being a teacher is an extracurricular activity in its own right, and I'd like to see administration help out teachers more.
Being at Jackson High School offered many opportunities I thought I'd never have. Our student body are very close and the administrators are willing to listen to what the students have to say. We have free breakfast and lunch, although the food they serve could be better it's okay for it to be free. I wish we could have a more options when it come to the clubs and activities but we do have fun with the activities we do have. Overall it's a pretty good school to attend.