Jackson High School is a public school located in Jackson, AL. It has 594 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Jackson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B91 Students
- A77 Students
- A72 Students
- A72 Students
- B62 Students
- B60 Students
- B-38 Students
- C+37 Students
- C-36 Students
- B34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Jackson High School Reviews
My experience at Jackson High School was one that I would go back redo over again! Being in a school, that was active in the community aas well as with the student body is an experience every child should get while in high school. From the amount of work and to the caring teachers, JAckson High prepared me for college. The best part about JHS was the school spirit that is showed, especially during football season. Jackson High has been a continuous growing family and I'm glad that I coud be a part of that. Even though all days were not a walk through park, I wouldn't trade being an alumna of Jackson High for anything.
I enjoyed sports. I enjoyed the games and pep rallies! Some of the teachers taught you stuff to be college ready. Then others just teach to be teaching. We learn a lot of different stuff, from the core class too elective classes. We had so many different teachers from 9th to 12th grade. The food wasn't hitting on nothing. We done had two different principles since I been at the school.
These past four years, Jackson High School has showed good and bad times but for the most part they've been good. The good times are the pep rallies, being a member of the cheer team and the other organizations, and football games. The bad times is the A/C not working and the school lunch. Thankfully those both will be changed this year. If I could start over, I definitely would!