Jackson County High School is a public school located in Mckee, KY. It has 666 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Jackson County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B109 Students
- A-62 Students
- A-43 Students
- C42 Students
- B-35 Students
- A-33 Students
- B-25 Students
- B-24 Students
- B+14 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Jackson County High School Reviews
Jackson County High School has some of the most involved teachers I have ever seen. Their abundance of compassion will never cease to amaze me. They care that their students are receiving the education they deserve, and truly want each student that enters their classroom to succeed.
Jackson County High School has rough patches, but overall the school compensates for the negative aspects with many things. Despite some of the students being not so friendly, the teachers make most students feel welcome and safe.
The school lunches were not very good. I most all of my teachers there, as they were very nice and really seemed to care about your academic accomplishments as well as your person.