Jackson County High School is a public school located in Gainesboro, TN. It has 449 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Jackson County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+87 Students
- A-36 Students
- C+29 Students
- B27 Students
- A+16 Students
- B15 Students
- B9 Students
- B+8 Students
- B-7 Students
- C7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Jackson County High School
Jackson County High School Reviews
Let me start off by saying this; I appreciate my school very much! My teachers are absolutely wonderful educators and deserve a hefty raise for how much they care for their students and lessons. The administration is so-so and definitely could give teachers more of the support that they need. Our maintenance and cafeteria staff always have a smile on their face and happy to help at any time. In other words, the staff is terrific. Unfortunately, the school’s culture is toxic and complacent. The students here have such an unwillingness to learn and refuse to put forth any effort into school. Although this is not true of everyone, this problem is rampant throughout the campus and leaves a lot of the teachers I have spoken to feeling frustrated.
One thing I love about my school is how close all the students and teachers become. Since it is a small school, most of us have the same classes together. The teachers also are able to have one on one time with most students who need it. My school experience here has overall been great. I have made many memories with my friends here and have gotten to know many of my teachers on another level than I would at a larger school since most of them are sports coaches and club sponsor. The teachers get to know you on a personal level; this has helped me a lot when it comes to learning in the classroom because it doesn't seem like the teachers are teaching as much as they are trying to help guide you throughout life.
It is a small town school that is only concerned with football and girls basketball. I had select few teachers that actually cared about each students'success and future. Most teachers socialized more than teaching, and assigned busy work.