Jackson Academy is a top rated, private school located in Jackson, MS. It has 1,200 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. Tuition is $14,700 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Jackson Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-72 Students
- A58 Students
- A+22 Students
- A-19 Students
- A18 Students
- A+16 Students
- B+14 Students
- A-11 Students
- A+10 Students
- A-10 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Jackson Academy
Jackson Academy Reviews
Jackson Academy has provided opportunities, challenges, and experiences I could not find anywhere else. The teachers at Jackson Academy are inexpressibly astounding and go out of their way to help students understand material. Not only do the teachers care for students’ education, they are also personally interested in students as they support us in sports, theater, college searches, and daily occurrences. The students also have an impactful voice on campus. If a large body of students notice a reasonable change that needs to occur, the staff will listen and has often helped make these changes happen. The only thing I wish to see changed about Jackson Academy is the push for students to consider schools outside of the Southeast. Although colleges in the Southeast are perfectly fine, many students do not even consider anywhere else becuase they are only encouraged to go to schools in the Southeast.
Jackson Academy has been amazing. Between the students, teachers, and staff, everyone can find where they belong. Although the school is private and therefore smaller than most schools, it has opportunities in athletics, arts, academics, and extracurricular like the outdoor club or the chess club. As an AP student, I feel as if the school has greatly prepared me for my exams and has shaped me into a better student. The teachers care for their students' wellbeings and often come to our events to support us. The school has a very supportive, loving environment that causes you to become a better and more well-rounded person without even realizing it.
Jackson Academy is a great school but unfortunately, it has fallen into the same bucket as MRA. A once great school (top 3 in state) that will see its eventual collapse academically because of athletic obsession. I came to JA to escape MRA's disdain for intuition, creativity, academic extra curricular activities, and academics in general. JA will be in total ruins in six to seven years if not much sooner if they continue to attempt to rid themselves of the thing they always had, a wonderful academic environment. If only JA would realize that things like business electives, pre law clubs/or class, debate teams, and such are what will save the school; not allowing students to reach their academic potential will be their death if not the crime of the city of Jackson and their obsession with sports.