Jack C. Hays High School Reviews

I am a Senior at Jack C. Hays high school and I have been here for four years of my high school career. I have many memories at this school and they are all good ones. My brothers also attended this school and they are five years older than me so I have been in this community for a long period of time to see the life of a high school person. I have had a very fun high school life playing baseball traveling to the home and away games for football and basketball and most importantly playing baseball with my friends and teammates also known as my family.
I like this school because of the sports and the area of where it is in. Very friendly staff and students.
I liked the sports to see the difference over the years. Our football team is doing way better then the past years. We lost only 2 games this year. And volleyball did good too. Now were just waiting on the other sports to start to see how good we do. Overall senior year has been the best.
Start Your Review of Jack C. Hays High School
I love this school because they taught me all the things i know now. The sports here at this school is very motivating because of all the students with school spirit. the teachers show lots of passion and effort in what they do and that teaches a lot of kids that teachers care want kids to succeed.
I have had a good high school experience but if I could change one thing it would be the student body size. We are way too over populated which causes there be crowding in classrooms to the point where there aren't enough rooms for classes and teachers have to share or a teacher will have two classes in one period, teaching two different subjects.
Hays High School offers a course called Project Lead The Way, a non-profit organization that develops STEM curriculum. Over the four years in high school, the classes you are going to take are Principles of Biomedical Science, Human Body Systems, Medical Intervention, and Biomedical Innovations.
Junior year, I started focussing on my future. I took classes that would help me with my major. I am so glad that Hays offers the PLTW program because it is exactly what I need to prepare me for my career. Junior year I took HBS, MI, and Anatomy and Physiology. The HBS and MI classes that I took were taught by the same teacher, so we became close; Ms. Burgess is by far my favorite teacher at Hays. I am now a Senior and am taking the final class in the PLTW program, BI. We have the opportunity to go the the Seton Medical Center and shadow the nurses and doctors for 6 weeks. I am eager to be going to Seton because I think that by following the doctors, I will be able to pinpoint my career.
Hays High school is a good school but is starting to have too many kids and I don't like so many kids going to one school. The food is better this year than it was last year.
During my 4 years at Jack C Hays High school it has made me the person I am today. The environment, the people and the hard workers we have in our community. All of these reasons makes you wanna succeed and strive for greatness for your people back home. Everybody cares, that's why I love my town and my high school. The academics are spectacular here and Hays High school and the sports. I have been a baseball player here at Hays for the past 4 years and some of my best memories will be there on that old Hays Baseball field that my dad also played on when he went to High school here. This school has changed my life with so much opportunity's that it has given me. I will truly miss this place seeing my friends and teachers everyday in the halls and in class. But it is time for better things and to really start my life and to make a name for myself and Im ready for the challenge.
They are a great school and they know exactly how to prepare you for the future. They take time out of their personal life to stay before and after school to tutor us and keep up our grades. They give us many opportunities to search for the best career fit to us. They have a great variety of electives for you to explore and see what your interested in. This school is dedicated to our safety and education and will do anything to see us succeed. The administration puts 100% all the time and never do anything to discourage us. The councelors actually take their time to sit down with us and talk abouot our paths and what they can do to help us. Ive never had a teacher that I don tlike throughout all of my four years here.
My experience with the school so far as a senior was that the school was able to give me tons a memories that ill forever cherish. The school spirit that the students had at the football games was incredible. It was great to see tons of students come together to show how they represent their school.
Jack C. Hays High School is a slightly under average high school experience. Many of the classes are crammed with students due to the lack of high schools in the area. There is an above average drug issue at the school. However, the school pride is very passionate throughout the community. Certain clubs and organizations, such as debate, are very inclusive and are led by great role models.
Awful. Administrators cared more about sports and passing grades than education and student’s needs. Important programs were defunded; students were often racist, sexist, ir homophobic but nothing was ever done. The only redeeming factor is the few wonderful teachers.
I like how big and diverse the school is. Many cool after school clubs to join and a great track to go running at. Teachers there are very helpful as well, teachers always have after school tutoring when falling behind. I would like the cell phone and ID policy to change, forgot my ID one day and had to pay $5 and got detention so that needs to cahnge. Also if we are going to need to pay for getting our phones taken up by the teachers, we shouldn't have to get our parents to get it and pay for it. Not all parents have the time to go to school just to pay to get cell phones back.
I am a Senior at Hays, and I have enjoyed my time here. Being part of an extracurricular (Speech and Debate) really gives you a memorable experience. Other than a handful of teachers being hard to get along with, and the school being at overcapacity, Hays is a fairly good high school.

There's a group for everyone to be apart of, clubs with variety (I mean, does any other school you know have a "Leaf Club"?) and lots of volunteering opportunities for those interested in Leo Club or NHS.
Well, my experience has been based on actual facts and also many diversities. I wish there was more hands on in some classes, but I guess it’s college readiness.
Jack C. Hays is a school that has not helped me grow. I am taught to the exam. I do not know much about reading fast, or filing my taxes. Hays is fun because of football season but besides that the school is boring.
I liked the structure teachers provide for students to learn. I don’t like the lack of diversity, and equality.
Start Your Review of Jack C. Hays High School
The school has great resources but the administration is unorganized and doesn't appear to really care about the teachers or students.
Hays high is a very good school. As an incoming senior i'm excited. The clubs are worth your time here and i can see that the school really cares for its students.
Consistency is the one thing I wish to see at hays high school. I've had some of the best teachers there passionate about their job and eager to teach students. However, there is the other side of the coin. There are certain teachers who simply don't care about their students and make no effort to make sure the students learn the material. The administration makes questionable decisions at best and allows "fun" to be nonexistent in the school.