Ithaca Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Ithaca, NY. It has 1,349 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Ithaca Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+245 Students
- B+106 Students
- A+88 Students
- A74 Students
- A+70 Students
- A+70 Students
- A70 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+56 Students
- A54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Ithaca Senior High School
- BLehman Alternative Community School
- Ithaca City School District, NY
- 7 reviews
- ALansing High School
- Lansing Central School District, NY
- 19 reviews
- B+Charles O. Dickerson High School
- Trumansburg Central School District, NY
- 43 reviews
- B+Dryden High School
- Dryden Central School District, NY
- 96 reviews
Ithaca Senior High School Reviews
Teachers are very hit or miss, some are fantastic and truly eye-opening while other really have no idea what they are doing. There are a lot of great opportunities for rigorous classes and clubs. School conditions are quite poor which smelly bathrooms, extremely water damaged ceilings, asbestos infested classrooms, and lead water. There is also a lack of good communication between students and the administration. IHS is diverse in the hallways but not in the classrooms, nearly all higher level classes are White and Asian dominated and I'm pretty sure there is only one non-white teacher in the enter school.
It was an overall very encouraging education. Most of the teachers are very well qualified, the student body is extremely diverse, and there will always be a member of the staff (counselor, teacher, etc) that will able to help you. The food quality has been improving, and overall the whole school district is only trying to better itself. I made unforgettable friends and really enjoyed my time at IHS!
I had a great four years at Ithaca. The teachers are dedicated, and I learned about more than just math and science from them. The amount of extra circulars is vast, and Ithaca has excellent opportunities within the community. The one area the school could improve is college preparedness for its seniors. The year I graduated, I had no idea what I was doing. There were no college fairs, and I was left to do everything by myself, which was stressful.