Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Ithaca High School is a public school located in Ithaca, MI. It has 514 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 21% in reading.
Ithaca High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A54 Students
- B52 Students
- C+36 Students
- B+32 Students
- B-25 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-20 Students
- B-20 Students
- A+20 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Ithaca High School Reviews
I’ve gone to Ithaca since 2nd grade and mostly, it’s been a pretty wonderful experience. There are some really great teachers at the high school that I believe are really preparing students for college. The English, Science, and Math departments are great and the arts are wonderful too. There are so many opportunities to take art classes and from what I hear, the music classes are fun too. The only thing I would like to see change is to maybe put more funding into the art and music programs instead of all of it going to football.
For a small town, the school is not bad. Overall, academics are good and teachers are involved in pushing students towards college or preparing them for whatever life has in store for them. There are many clubs, activities, and sports for the school's size. With that said, there are many faults in Ithaca’s school system. First and most importantly, the administration has failed to uphold teachers’ contracts resulting in lost steps and pay raises for the teachers. Sports are the main focus at the school. Many athletes get special treatment, especially those on the football team. Dress code issues have shown up in the last few years with violations to females being addressed and not violations to males. The school in general is not very inclusive and is not extremely impressive.
Academics are great, the teachers really try to ready you for college, or whatever your career goal might be. The school is extremely focused on sports, especially football. But they do highly support areas like a debate team and FFA. Overall it is a very good school.