iTech @ Thomas A. Edison Educational Center is a public school located in Miami, FL. It has 196 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
iTech @ Thomas A. Edison Educational Center Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-92 Students
- A78 Students
- A+72 Students
- A+70 Students
- C68 Students
- A-57 Students
- B56 Students
- B+54 Students
- A50 Students
- B+42 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
iTech @ Thomas A. Edison Educational Center Reviews
iTech has had its shares of the fair of administrative problems and teacher problems in the past, but it has greatly improved throughout the years. Aside from that, everything else (espcially the community) is great, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!
iTech is a really nice magnet schools that focuses on technology. It has many resources at its disposal to help students learn about all things technology. It has three academies: iCode, ERP, and GIS. iCode is for students who want to get into the networking or programming side of technology. They teach you HTML, Java, and CSS. ERP is for students looking into a business career. GIS allows students to lean about the science of collecting and making data usable to the average person. The teachers and staff are very friendly and strive for a better iTech. They take their jobs very seriously and really care about the student body as a whole.
Initially the school was pretty bad and disorganized. However with time the school became more respectable and began to offer more and more opportunities. I still wouldn't call it amazing, and the new uniform policy is kind of annoying, but it's pretty nice right now.