Itasca High School is an above average, public school located in Itasca, TX. It has 215 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Itasca High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C35 Students
- B+30 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+29 Students
- A24 Students
- B23 Students
- B+21 Students
- B+20 Students
- B18 Students
- A15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Itasca High School
- BItaly High School
- Italy Independent School District, TX
- 29 reviews
- C+Alvarado High School
- Alvarado Independent School District, TX
- 141 reviews
- C+Hillsboro High School
- Hillsboro Independent School District, TX
- 86 reviews
- BWhitney High School
- Whitney Independent School District, TX
- 38 reviews
Itasca High School Reviews
Overall the academics of Itasca High are very well, with many oppurtunities for students and relationships between students. Although I would like to see a change in the staff, very biased and not open to new comers or unique people.
my experience in Itasca has been a fantastic time of my life. i have been here since i was a little kid. i learned that the district cares about your education and would do anything to help you learn. they help you understand anything. While, Itasca does have some flaws it is also has a good education system. the flaws they have definatly does not out weigh the good in the district. the district is the most caring about the students. they look out for the student and ask how they are doing or if there day is going good. they see if you are paying attention and doing there work. they have some really good punishments and it is really effective. the students learn when they get punished or they will have a worse punishment. the students are respectful and would help anyone who needs it.
Due to the size of the school it is very easy to get help if needed from one of the teachers. Additionally, the school has a variety of subjects offered and even offers dual credit courses which allowed me to get college credit while in high school.