Itasca High School is an above average, public school located in Itasca, TX. It has 215 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Itasca High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C37 Students
- A+34 Students
- B+30 Students
- A+30 Students
- A25 Students
- B24 Students
- B+22 Students
- B+21 Students
- B19 Students
- B+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Itasca High School
- BItaly High School
- Italy Independent School District, TX
- 29 reviews
- C+Alvarado High School
- Alvarado Independent School District, TX
- 141 reviews
- C+Hillsboro High School
- Hillsboro Independent School District, TX
- 86 reviews
- BWhitney High School
- Whitney Independent School District, TX
- 39 reviews
Itasca High School Reviews
Teachers are too worried about following curriculum instead of actually teaching and equipping students for the rest of their lives. The Administration is too focused on gaining money instead of treating students fairly, which means attendance policies are way too strict and not forgiving to the students. Itasca doesn't have enough money to efficiently provide resources for their classes. My best experience with Itasca has been its band program, Itasca has a great band that teaches kids good work ethic and good character. Regarding safety, Itasca does not implement any special safety measures in order to protect their students, the most we do is fire drills. There is no security around our school, and multiple doors are left unlocked and unguarded throughout the day, easily letting anyone walk through those doors. I do not recommend Itasca High School to anyone.
Overall the academics of Itasca High are very well, with many oppurtunities for students and relationships between students. Although I would like to see a change in the staff, very biased and not open to new comers or unique people.
Some teachers are great and some really care about the students but all that is really cared is the athletics program which is over funded. They don't preform that well year to year but always get more funding. Though it is great they have their own chapter of the National Honor Society and provide lots of help for students going into college as well as providing other post-high school options.