Islip High School is a highly rated, public school located in Islip, NY. It has 969 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Islip High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-81 Students
- A-53 Students
- C51 Students
- A+50 Students
- B41 Students
- A+39 Students
- B36 Students
- B+32 Students
- B32 Students
- A32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Islip High School
- ADivision Avenue Senior High School
- Levittown Union Free School District, NY
- 220 reviews
- A-Deer Park High School
- Deer Park Union Free School District, NY
- 145 reviews
- AJohn H. Glenn High School
- Elwood Union Free School District, NY
- 107 reviews
- AFarmingdale Senior High School
- Farmingdale Union Free School District, NY
- 222 reviews
Islip High School Reviews
Islip High School offered little in college preparedness. However this does not mean Islip was bad, far from it. There were tons of teachers that knew what they were talking about and were willing to explain and teach it to those confused, if they put in the work to finding help. Yet there were teachers that were great people, but terrible teachers. Clubs in Islip were everything at islip. For a small school, there were a lot of clubs, but sports were not as interesting. We didn’t have enough students to have a swimming or gymnastics team so we paired up with another small school. There was not a lot of diversity in the school, as the school was mainly white people, but we develop more vents dedicated to diversity. The safety of Islip was sort of laid back and you could really enter anywhere to get in the school. The food really went downhill after that chef from chopped left.
What is Islip to me? Islip is an extremely small town located on the south shore of Suffolk County Long Island. Growing up in Islip for the past seventeen years of my life I’ve met my closest friends, and have made the fondest memories. Whether it was running laps at track practice while the sunset trying to PR my time for the next big meet or going to the football games on Friday night, cheering on my closest friends while they played under the spotlights as the whole stand bleeds purple and gold. Islip has truly been such a great place to grow as a person. I’ve had many opportunities throughout my years at Islip. Such as getting involved in the VE business program which I earned nine college credits in senior year and joining athletes helping athletes, a club for athletes to join to help the less fortunate kids in Suffolk County. Every teacher in this school creates a close bond with their students so they’re prepared to enter the next chapter of their lives.
Islip High School is overall a great school for many different reasons. The school offers many clubs and activities where anyone can find people who have common interests. Within the past few years, the school went under massive renovations that provide state of the art facilities for their students and faculty members. There are many excellent teachers that inspire and help the students to go above and beyond. In my four years I had mainly a positive experience and highly recommend this school