Islands High School is a public school located in Savannah, GA. It has 983 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Islands High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+149 Students
- B-132 Students
- A+126 Students
- B+57 Students
- A-54 Students
- B-54 Students
- A+50 Students
- B44 Students
- B42 Students
- C+34 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingC+
- Good for FamiliesB+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 36 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Islands High School Reviews
As an uprising senior at Islands High School, the past three years at the school have been very rewarding. Not only does Islands High School offer a wide variety of clubs, sports, and advanced placement/honors courses, but the diversity of the school is astonishing. Students have the potential opportunity to interact with people from every walk of life, helping to prepare them for their eventual release into society as an adult. Therefore, not only does Islands High School help to prepare students for college or any other post-high school plans from an academic and athletic standpoint, but also from a standpoint of social and cultural awareness. I highly recommend this school based on the very positive experience that I have had.
My high school experience definitely had its pros and cons. I didn't particularly enjoy the cafeteria food or having to wear uniforms. If you asked me during my senior year of high school, I absolutely would have liked to see these things change. As someone who just finished a very stressful first year of college, these dislikes are very small in the grand scheme of things. My high school gave me an exceptional education that I could not have received elsewhere. The Scientific Research Program allowed me to attend a school outside of my district; gifting me with priceless experiences and knowledge. I was able to travel to Atlanta and Athens for a Sigma Xi conference and State Science Fair. These visits expanded our knowledge as a group and gave each student the opportunity to progress in their own way. Our teacher was very involved with our futures and allowed us to spend class time researching and applying to colleges. Islands High School is the reason where I am today.
I love how Islands has a wide variety of courses that attain towards college readiness. Each year there seems to be new classes added on. Islands holds the academic value of the students on a pedestal and makes sure each student's needs are tended to. Islands offers great programs for young scholars to join. Within each pathway, there are numerous opportunities that help the students get a hands on experience in what may possibly become their future career. With many clubs that are student lead, participate in competitions, and give back to the community, the students get to shine and show their potential. Islands also offers a great athletic program to our athletes. Islands is diverse in reaching out to all of the student's strong traits and does their best to aid in each of the students to strive for success. With their rules and regulations, Islands tries to have a friendly and safe environment for all the students and faculty and staff.