Islands High School is a public school located in Savannah, GA. It has 983 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Islands High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+161 Students
- B-139 Students
- A+138 Students
- B+64 Students
- A-60 Students
- B-56 Students
- A+53 Students
- B50 Students
- B45 Students
- C+38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Islands High School Reviews
My mom requested permission to enroll me at Islands High School through administrative placement to keep a closer eye on me. See, when I was 17 I dropped out of school and ran away to be with my boyfriend. When I realized what a huge mistake that was and asked my mom if I could come back home, she said yes, but she would be keeping a very close eye on me. My mom met with the principal of Islands HS and discussed my troubled past and my mom's concerns. The principal was not only kind enough to approve the administrative placement immediately, but she also gave me hope that I could still graduate on time if I was willing to put in the work. Thanks to her and the rest of the Islands HS staff, I graduated on time and am now looking for scholarship money to get me through nursing school!
It’s a smaller high school, which makes teachers and staff more personable. It was nice walking into the counselors office and they know your name even after only speaking a few times to them! It is one of the better public schools in the county, but of course it has its downsides like not very sanitary bathrooms. Overall, my personal experience was good.
As an uprising senior at Islands High School, the past three years at the school have been very rewarding. Not only does Islands High School offer a wide variety of clubs, sports, and advanced placement/honors courses, but the diversity of the school is astonishing. Students have the potential opportunity to interact with people from every walk of life, helping to prepare them for their eventual release into society as an adult. Therefore, not only does Islands High School help to prepare students for college or any other post-high school plans from an academic and athletic standpoint, but also from a standpoint of social and cultural awareness. I highly recommend this school based on the very positive experience that I have had.